Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 April, 2024, 09:43:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thema 8v ie turbo- Oil Cooler  (Read 2397 times)
murf
Lapsed

« on: 19 January, 2009, 04:39:32 PM »

My trusty Thema recently spectacularly exploded one of its braided oil lines (luckily within sight of home) and after a great deal of shopping around I have managed to get a local hydraulics company to make up new flexible sections re-using the original end fittings. These have now been fitted and they seem to do the trick but the garage have just called me to announce that the oil cooler itself is now weeping so its back to square one!
Does anyone out in Themaland have a sound one that they would be prepared to sell me? Please call Pete Murphy. My phone nos are 01359221475 or 07921489571.
Lindsay
« Reply #1 on: 24 January, 2009, 09:35:32 AM »

The Thema and Dedra Consortium will probably have one. But be aware the connectors are alloy and weld themselves to the cooler over time. If they have one you'll probably get the pipes as well. It is possible to get them off but you will probably have to be patient and gentle to ease them off.
murf
Lapsed

« Reply #2 on: 09 February, 2009, 12:07:14 PM »

Thanks Lindsay, I've managed to get a secondhand oil cooler from Dave Abbett which the garage have now fitted to the car and the second set of connecting hoses are also on and so far performing ok. The first set that I had made up by a local hydraulics co., re-used the original end fittings but they wept under pressure so it was back to the drawing board. The car has'nt been pushed very hard yet because of the recent weather conditions but I'm keeping my fingers crossed and my eyes on the oil gauges!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd