Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 08:37:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dedra Headlamp Wipers...  (Read 2497 times)
toby2449
« on: 28 January, 2009, 01:15:29 PM »

hello all, well i hope to get my Dedra transported to our new house in the next couple of weeks, & then start working on it again. Mine is a Dedra 1.8 SE with headlamp wipers, but she doesn't actually have the wipers (there are holes when the wipers should sit), so can i get them anywhere as the front of the car doesn't look complete!
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 28 January, 2009, 11:33:28 PM »

Mark,
 Don't bother Roll Eyes they were a pain in the backside when new and didn't have a very long service life, the motors are different and not interchangeable from side to side, the water gets into the motors and creates a nice lump of rusty metal.
Another trick (and it happened to me), was when the seperate wash pump motor continued to run until it had drained the whole of the shared wash bottle, and then the pump keep running when dry, the only solution was to pull off the power lead.

The later ones (1993/1994) had the power washers in the bumpers with high pressure jets and were much better,  well worth fitting if you can find a set on a scrapper.

The very early ones as fitted to my 1990 2.0iese didn't have the brackets fitted to the top of the headlamps to stop them overriding the top of the headlamps, quite funny bombing down through France in the pouring rain, operating the headlamp wipers and having them waving to me over the top of the bonnet  Grin

Best bet is a pair of non wash/wipe headlights, they fit with no problem and your just left with the stainless steel triangles with holes in, and a pair of headlamps you can sell to someone whose headlamp wipers do work.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
toby2449
« Reply #2 on: 29 January, 2009, 08:56:26 AM »

hi Brian, thanks for your reply, i might see if i can source a set of headlamps without the washers so! Cheers!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd