Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 03:48:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Delta 1.3 free to collector  (Read 7773 times)
Charles

« on: 24 November, 2008, 11:31:22 AM »

Hi Guys,  my 1.3 Delta (1988) which has been my wife's runabout for the last couple of years has just failed its MOT - needs new front wishbone and trailing arm bushes and a little welding up the nearside rear wheelarch. As I have four other Lancias to look after I've decided that its time to make a break and get her a new car (she now has a brand new Grande punto 1.3 multijet and its very nice!).  I bought the Delta about 6 years ago for my son who has since moved on to an evo via a GTie and an HF turbo.  He passed it on to my daughter who then passed it to my wife.  Its been a great little car, I put a new clutch in it a couple of years ago and a new ignition module last year.  It's always been reliable and has brilliant chuckability because of the lighter engine.  Anyway, I just can't bring myself to take it to the crusher so does anyone want it? I will take off the beta wheels and replace with HF turbo ones - it will need 2 new tyres. Charles

Augusta berlina, Appia S3 berlina
Flaminia convertible 2.8 3c Touring
Beta spider S1 1600, Gamma berlina S1
Gamma coupe S1, Delta 1.6 multijet
fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 24 November, 2008, 01:18:37 PM »

Far too good for the crusher Charles.  There was a chap who joined the club at the NEC was looking for a Delta like this - we really ought to let him know about this car, and see if he is interested.  He was in the East Midlands - where are you?

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
2012 Skoda Yeti 112TSi 4WD
Harvey
« Reply #2 on: 24 November, 2008, 01:56:45 PM »

I've primed my friend Neil, too. His Peugeot 306 has just expired and he's looking for a low-cost car with which to commute. Subject to repair costs, this could be an ideal entry to Lancia ownership. Neil's been after an integrale for years; an LX is surely the next best thing when the budget is tight?  Smiley
Charles

« Reply #3 on: 24 November, 2008, 04:22:47 PM »

Hi Chris, I'm in west Wiltshire near Warminster.  I've just e-mailed Harvey to say that if someone would like the car then I would be prepared to do the work to get it through the MOT - I reckon about £100 for the bushes, £60 for two new tyres £40 for the test, so say £200 for the car with a year's MOT.  But remember that this is a twenty year old car and is now very rare in 1300 form.  I drove a Fulvia the other day and was surprised at how similar it seemed to this old Delta.  It really needs someone to tart it up a bit and not flog it too hard. Charles

Harvey
« Reply #4 on: 24 November, 2008, 04:46:50 PM »

Well, Neil's infamous for over-polishing and never exceeding 60mph. Our boy-racer days are long gone!
fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 24 November, 2008, 05:22:27 PM »

I've primed my friend Neil, too. His Peugeot 306 has just expired and he's looking for a low-cost car with which to commute. Subject to repair costs, this could be an ideal entry to Lancia ownership. Neil's been after an integrale for years; an LX is surely the next best thing when the budget is tight?  Smiley

Rather similar, but a lot cheaper.  Steering wheel on the proper side, no torque steer, gets through narrow gaps, no dipsomaniac tendencies, proper boot...

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 24 November, 2008, 05:28:17 PM »

Hi Chris, I'm in west Wiltshire near Warminster.  I've just e-mailed Harvey to say that if someone would like the car then I would be prepared to do the work to get it through the MOT - I reckon about £100 for the bushes, £60 for two new tyres £40 for the test, so say £200 for the car with a year's MOT.  But remember that this is a twenty year old car and is now very rare in 1300 form.  I drove a Fulvia the other day and was surprised at how similar it seemed to this old Delta.  It really needs someone to tart it up a bit and not flog it too hard. Charles

You're right Charles - but then I'm biased Grin  Very good cars, now getting noticed, collected and saved (at last).  £200 for a half decent one is very good money, and worth looking after.  See the NEC show thread (and the link to flickr from tony's e-mails) to see my rather similar car on the show stand.  Got a lot of interest, when five years ago it would have been overlooked.

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 29 November, 2008, 10:39:07 AM »

Just to update - I've got in touch with the new member (or at least his father) and left a message about the car, and left it with him to come back to me if he wants to follow up.  Harvey - I imagine he may not yet have his membership card or number - if he applies for forum membership could you let him through if I let you know him name?

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
Harvey
« Reply #8 on: 29 November, 2008, 01:41:27 PM »

I'd heard the car was definitely taken - is this not the case? I told my friend Neil he was too slow!
Anyway - yes, drop me a PM with the member's name and e-mail address. Please tell him to choose a sensible name and not use a gmail address or he'll be deleted amongst all the fake applications!
fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #9 on: 29 November, 2008, 07:49:43 PM »

In one sense I'm rather pleased if it has been snapped up - it suggests that at last there is real interest in Deltas.  I haven't heard anything either way.

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
Harvey
« Reply #10 on: 01 December, 2008, 09:29:34 AM »

Chris, I'd heard that your contact definitely had the car? If this isn't the case then I've misled my friend Neil. Need some clarity!!
Charles

« Reply #11 on: 01 December, 2008, 08:42:15 PM »

Hi Guys.  Sorry to leave you guessing - I had the family visiting this weekend.  To cut the story short, Marcus Harrison, who knows the car, said he wanted it and so I gave him first refusal.  He now has the car but we have not done the paperwork yet (V5). Before I finalise this, I will let him know about the other interest and check that he still definitely wants it.  Any of you who saw Marcus' lovely green Beta coupe at the NEC a couple of weeks ago will know that its going to a good home. Regards Charles

fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #12 on: 01 December, 2008, 09:11:47 PM »

Pleased its going to a good home - but <boo hiss> competition for my car as 'best Delta in the country' (TM)  Wink

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
karrozzi
« Reply #13 on: 02 December, 2008, 11:22:16 PM »

The Delta is now with me (thanks Charles) and the paperwork is done. I hope to use it as my daily driver once a few minor jobs have been attended to. So it now joins the Beta coupe, Dedra turbo and Gamma Berlina in its new home!
                            Marcus.
Harvey
« Reply #14 on: 03 December, 2008, 09:16:56 AM »

Good grief, Marcus! You're hoovering up all the cars at the moment!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd