Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 06:51:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oil Leak  (Read 9900 times)
SteveGales
Megaposter

« Reply #15 on: 02 December, 2008, 04:51:26 PM »

I hadn't thought of that.

I will give the gasket and sealant one more go first , I just haven't had the time to work on the car because of the NEC show.
I'll probably have a look over the Christmas holidays, if I have no luck I'll be in touch David !

Regards

Steve
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #16 on: 05 December, 2008, 05:47:10 AM »

Steve,

Although I'm a stickler for authenticity, we will be fitting an electric pump near the fuel tank to work in tandem with the mechanical one - no more cranking after the Fulvia hasn't been used in a while!  Grin

Guy McDougall
www.facebook.com/RetroPart
Rare Parts for Rare Machines
Appia Coupé S3 (Rosina), Appia Berlina S3 (La Giaconda), Fulvia 1.3S 5 spd coupé (Tigger, belongs to Carol), Beta Spyder S2 (Vivaldi), Montecarlo Spyder S2, HPE VX (Pugsly) etc
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #17 on: 05 December, 2008, 10:11:10 AM »

I added an electric pump to my 2c a couple of years ago, as I was fed up with churning the engine over so much, it was well worth doing.
After i've switched the pump on and the warning light has stopped flickering, I turn the pump off, turn the engine over while at the same time operating the choke, and she fires instantly, what bliss Grin no more mechanical torture! only problem is that this doesn't cure any leaks at the mechanical pump, but it certainly makes life easier.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd