Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:21:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When on holiday I managed to find a new Delta to sit in :)  (Read 7329 times)
HPEHF
Megaposter

« Reply #15 on: 29 September, 2008, 01:21:17 PM »

As Brian eluded to I spent a week celebrating the big 40 in Turin (belatedly), and managed to get a 30 minute test drive in a 1.4 T-Jet with the 150CV engine in Oro spec with some options, don't ask what they were as with only 30 minutes I wanted to see how it drove.

Firstly, the seating position is multi adjustable with the steering adjustable for both rake and reach. I being a short like to sit high and see the bonnet, which in the Delta I could do (as a mk2 focus, but not the astra or civic). The engine was willing but needed to have the turbo spinning to get progress. The car was quiet with a gruff sound only when pushed. It was smooth and took rubber speed cushions with easy and no crashing from the suspension.

All controls were light:- throttle, clutch, brake and steering; switching off the city mode on the steering did not seam to change the feel to be noticable. It maybe speed sensitive but in heavy town driving could not be detected. Visibility from the car was good, rear passenger space (excellent behind me) was good even with front seat back and rear seat forward. The only critisim I could possibly see with the car was the boot, may have a large area with either seats up/down/forward but it had a high sill and a small apperature.

Would I have one, well YES, YES, YES. but would like to try the diesel option or 1.8 petrol turbo.

Attached is picture taken on phone at the central show room

Regards

Simon Davis

* Image002a.jpg (187.22 KB, 1520x886 - viewed 297 times.)

* Image004a.jpg (143.69 KB, 1522x887 - viewed 295 times.)
toby2449
« Reply #16 on: 29 September, 2008, 03:39:41 PM »

the more i see one, the more i love its design!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd