Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
18 April, 2024, 09:42:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: this months mag  (Read 8790 times)
eyore
« Reply #15 on: 17 August, 2008, 08:26:33 AM »

New cover is excellent and as for this months content, I for one was perfectly happy and enjoyed it very much Smiley
m tulloch
Megaposter

« Reply #16 on: 17 August, 2008, 05:54:02 PM »

Covers good, pity about the lack of content, i find the forum a more interesting read sorry Undecided

I couldn't agree more!
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #17 on: 17 August, 2008, 09:18:47 PM »

With regard to the current issue, an opinion of “lack of content” looks to me more like lack of perception and perhaps lack of understanding of the history of Lancia and what made the cars that some of us revere as being so important. Yes, the forum is valuable, but let’s not negate VL! and the broader view it can and does reflect.
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #18 on: 18 August, 2008, 06:06:36 AM »

Down here in Afica we're finally on the same page as you, and I loved the August issue of VL.

That it has neither the club logo (which, BTW is highly regarded here in the South), or perhaps looks like Auto Italia didn't put me off one bit.  Both made it look more professional and less 'clubby'.

Also a good balance of coverage between the old and new models.  Viva Jack et al!  Kiss

Guy McDougall
www.facebook.com/RetroPart
Rare Parts for Rare Machines
Appia Coupé S3 (Rosina), Appia Berlina S3 (La Giaconda), Fulvia 1.3S 5 spd coupé (Tigger, belongs to Carol), Beta Spyder S2 (Vivaldi), Montecarlo Spyder S2, HPE VX (Pugsly) etc
SteveGales
Megaposter

« Reply #19 on: 19 August, 2008, 08:04:30 PM »

A view from the Gales household.

I'm with Brian I liked the July heading as I thought it looked very striking but I also really liked the August cover for
the "tasters "of what was inside the mag. Margaret preferred the August cover.

In my opinion one thing the July issue did show was how much better full colour improves the quality feeling of the mag,
I was really disappointed when I found August's had gone back to mostly B+W but I guess this is down to budget.
Lack of club logo didn't particularly offend and have found the content of the last 2 mags very interesting.
Still glad to see things are moving forward, thanks and best wishes to Jack and the team.

Steve
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #20 on: 27 August, 2008, 11:53:42 AM »

Just having returned from holiday and picking up the magazine I have to say I didn't notice the lack of logo ...

... but I did like the look of the front cover and couldn't wait to open it. It was a great read and much clearer.

I like the way the Lancia snippets from the press are going in as they happen.

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd