Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 10:50:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Poor Massa  (Read 27454 times)
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #45 on: 08 October, 2008, 12:16:17 AM »

An oracle is never revered in his own country (or something like that) Grin

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
ian
« Reply #46 on: 12 October, 2008, 09:36:51 PM »

So Hamilton cocked up again....there's a surprise!
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #47 on: 12 October, 2008, 11:25:59 PM »

And the Ferrari Factor seems to be at work again, Massa causes the incident with Bourdais, but Bourdais gets the penalty Shocked and lo and behold Massa moves up a place and takes another point out of Hamiltons lead, anyone care to explain that one Huh?

Brian
8227 Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #48 on: 13 October, 2008, 03:09:04 PM »

And Massa's misdemeanour with Hamilton seems somewhat more severe, and more significant to the result of the race, than does Hamilton's earlier, yet the penalty is the same.  One rule for Ferrari, one for Maclaren, again.

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
2012 Skoda Yeti 112TSi 4WD
ncundy
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #49 on: 13 October, 2008, 05:31:24 PM »

Yep, and Ferrari and Massa respond in their usual absolutely classless manner. I'm not even a McClaren or Lewis fan (and he made a complete cods of the start) but between them Ferrari and the FIA manage to insult everyones intelligence ever more regularly.

1969 Fanalone, Mazda RX-8, Fiat Multipla
stuwilson128
Non-LMC Seller
Rebel Poster

« Reply #50 on: 13 October, 2008, 06:02:44 PM »

And the Ferrari Factor seems to be at work again, Massa causes the incident with Bourdais, but Bourdais gets the penalty

I do not agree that there is a Ferrari factor.  In the incident with Bourdais, Massa had got ahead going around the outside.  This was quite visible on the TV in that the nose of his car was ahead that of the Toro Rosso.  When the stewards investigate these situations, they get to see the incident from more angles than we do.  They also get access to the data from the cars.  Taking all this into account, it was decided that Bourdais could have done more to prevent the incident.  Also, from what I saw on the TV coverage, it appeared to me that Massa attempted to back out of going around the outside.  If there was a Ferrari factor, then he would not have been given a drive through for either the incident in Singapore or for his little midemeanour with Hamilton.

On a more positive note, Alonso has gone up in my estimations.  He has said that he will do everything he can to help Massa win the title.  Smiley

Stuart Wilson 11175
1973 Fulvia Coupe 1.3
2000 Lybra SW 2.4JTd
2009 Delta 1.9 Twin Turbo
ian
« Reply #51 on: 13 October, 2008, 06:08:58 PM »

but Massa shouldn't need any help, just as Hamilton shouldn't. We all know it happens but the 'Gentleman ship' in the sport has sometimes, been somewhat lost
stuwilson128
Non-LMC Seller
Rebel Poster

« Reply #52 on: 13 October, 2008, 06:11:58 PM »

And Massa's misdemeanour with Hamilton seems somewhat more severe, and more significant to the result of the race, than does Hamilton's earlier, yet the penalty is the same.  One rule for Ferrari, one for Maclaren, again.

I do not think the incident between Massa and Hamilton did not wreck Hamiltons race as much as you suggest.  Hamilton flat spotted his tyres so badly, he would have had to stop for tyres when he did anyway.  In addition to that, he would have still received the penalty for his rookie mistake into the first corner.  I would suggest that he would still have finished no better than 10th and out of the points.

Massa's penatly was for cutting the corner, in the same way Hamilton did in Spa.  Same offence, same penalty.

Stuart Wilson 11175
1973 Fulvia Coupe 1.3
2000 Lybra SW 2.4JTd
stuwilson128
Non-LMC Seller
Rebel Poster

« Reply #53 on: 13 October, 2008, 06:13:29 PM »

but Massa shouldn't need any help, just as Hamilton shouldn't. We all know it happens but the 'Gentleman ship' in the sport has sometimes, been somewhat lost

But we all know why Alonso will help Massa!

Stuart Wilson 11175
1973 Fulvia Coupe 1.3
2000 Lybra SW 2.4JTd
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #54 on: 13 October, 2008, 07:00:20 PM »

Massa is getting a lot of help from Michael Schumacer and by all accounts they are close & he's giving Massa a lot of help; seems like he's given him a copy of the Schumacer book of dirty tricks, and Massa obviously opened it at the page which said, if you don't like having your rival in front, punt him off Angry

Brian
8227 Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
peterbaker
Permanent resident

www.retro-speed.co.uk

« Reply #55 on: 13 October, 2008, 07:56:34 PM »

I have just returned last night from Maranello and the first public view outside the Paris Motor Show of the new California. Every radio station in Italy was discussing the F1 race and poor old Massa got a fair amount of stick. The race itself was full of incident that needed no interference from the FIA stewards, let them fight it out between them I say, they are all grown up and are quite capable of defending themselves. Except Coultard! Lets enjoy some real motor racing, goodness knows, we have waited long enough.     
« Last Edit: 18 October, 2008, 06:56:30 PM by peterbaker » Logged

1961 Lancia Flavia 1.5 Berlina. FIAT Abarth. 1954 Daimler Conquest. 2003 MG ZT-T 135. 1998 SAAB 9-5 3 litre turbo.
stuwilson128
Non-LMC Seller
Rebel Poster

« Reply #56 on: 14 October, 2008, 07:05:23 PM »

Massa obviously opened it at the page which said, if you don't like having your rival in front, punt him off

Have a look at www.formula1.com.  They have footage of all three incidents from different camera angles.  It is quite clear that Massa hitting Hamilton was NOT a deliberate move.  Massa had the nose of his car ahead of Hamiltons rear wheels when Hamilton turned in.  Hamilton should have been aware of this and given him more room.

In the Bourdais incident, Massa was clearly ahead while going around the outside, and it was Bourdais who hit Massa.  From the footage, I say that the stewards reached the correct decision in each case.

Stuart Wilson 11175
1973 Fulvia Coupe 1.3
2000 Lybra SW 2.4JTd
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #57 on: 14 October, 2008, 11:11:39 PM »

Massa obviously opened it at the page which said, if you don't like having your rival in front, punt him off

Massa had the nose of his car ahead of Hamiltons rear wheels when Hamilton turned in.  Hamilton should have been aware of this and given him more room.

In the Bourdais incident, Massa was clearly ahead while going around the outside, and it was Bourdais who hit Massa.  From the footage, I say that the stewards reached the correct decision in each case.

Sorry stu,
But this sounds like it came straight from Ferrari!
Hamilton should have given Massa more room, like Kimi did to Lewis? Ferrari drivers can't have it both ways, Massa was off the line and on the gravel.

So Bourdais who was going considerably slower than Massa who was coming from behind with all the vision, was to blame for hitting Massa! Cheesy Shocked

After looking at the F1 video,
Incident 1,
Hamilton over cooked the first corner but I think if it had been anyone else it is unlikely they would have been penalised, Ok, cars were going all ways but there was no major accident or damage, we've certainly seen worse in other F1 races.

Iincident 2, I still think it was Massa's fault, if you look at the event from the camera in the McLaren that is behind Lewis's head, at no time do you see the Ferrari, and even if he had, Hamilton still had the line until Massa punted him out of the way.

Incident 3,
As for the incident with Bourdais, it's obvious from the Video that there was no way Massa was going to get around Bourdais on the line he was taking, and he must have been aware of that, he took a chance and it didn't come off, I should think highly unlikely that Bourdais even saw him coming, what with Massa's speed and angle.

Brian
8227 Cool
« Last Edit: 14 October, 2008, 11:34:24 PM by fay66 » Logged

Dedra Technical Adviser
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #58 on: 15 October, 2008, 05:45:58 AM »

Suggestion - let's get this thread renamed to Poor Hamilton.  Grin

Guy McDougall
www.facebook.com/RetroPart
Rare Parts for Rare Machines
Appia Coupé S3 (Rosina), Appia Berlina S3 (La Giaconda), Fulvia 1.3S 5 spd coupé (Tigger, belongs to Carol), Beta Spyder S2 (Vivaldi), Montecarlo Spyder S2, HPE VX (Pugsly) etc
peterbaker
Permanent resident

www.retro-speed.co.uk

« Reply #59 on: 18 October, 2008, 06:55:33 PM »

Well folks, its China at seven in the morning and Hamilton is on pole. But he must be worried to have Ferrari all around. Will it rain. Probably. Will the rain be heavy enough to interfere with the natural race flow. Possibly. Will Renault play a part. Who else is going to wake up early to watch the race live? It could be worth it whoever you want to win. 

1961 Lancia Flavia 1.5 Berlina. FIAT Abarth. 1954 Daimler Conquest. 2003 MG ZT-T 135. 1998 SAAB 9-5 3 litre turbo.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd