Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
27 April, 2024, 07:25:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: fuel additives  (Read 821 times)
Keithver

« Reply #15 on: 10 March, 2024, 01:14:33 PM »

Tim. Apologies up front. When i took it for a good run, it felt as if I had lost half my throttle.
I had visions of re-setting the cams to stock initial position and keeping quiet.
In fact, that's exactly what had happened. I HAD lost half my throttle.
(Photo 1) shows how the "stop clip" at the engine bay firewall had pulled back the black plastic coating and pulled the steel inner through the firewall.
The clips where what was on the old cable when I got the car. I simply reused them. Is there something that goes onto the cable housing to stop it pulling through, I don't see anything in the parts book.
I made a stopped nipple to hold the casing in place and stop it being pulled through in photo 2.

I took her out for another run. Chalk and cheese.  She revs beautifully and pulls wonderfully.
Unfortunately, I still have the stutter. I'm thinking it is probably the carbs

* IMG_2708.jpg (103.81 KB, 640x480 - viewed 66 times.)

* IMG_2709.jpg (140.84 KB, 640x480 - viewed 63 times.)
« Last Edit: 10 March, 2024, 01:26:41 PM by Keithver » Logged

'72 series 2 Fulvia 1,3s
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd