Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 April, 2024, 10:24:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dashboard Top  (Read 533 times)
MartynT

« on: 27 January, 2024, 11:34:22 AM »

Hi All,

So I've finally got round to refurbishing my S2 Coupe 1600HF interior & need to address the dashboard black vinyl top as it is in really poor condition & to be honest, probably past repair due to a number of cracks & holes in it.   I am therefore on the lookout for a very good second hand dash top or alternatively a new dash top section although these are a; very expensive & b; according to Omicron, fibreglass covered with vinyl & no foam padding underneath? 

Does anyone have any experience of these new items or know of anyone who is breaking a 1600HF with a good dash?

Regards,
Martyn.
Simon B

« Reply #1 on: 29 January, 2024, 11:03:03 PM »

Hi Martyn, this company was at Auto Moto d’Epoca last year, I took a few pictures for future reference just in case! I thought they looked good quality and I assume this is who all the Italian restoration firms go to. I think they did have molded foam underneath but I’m not 100% certain as I was moving reasonably quickly to cover 100’s of exhibiters.

Regards,
Simon

* IMG_2170.jpeg (37.78 KB, 480x360 - viewed 158 times.)

* IMG_2172.jpeg (37.9 KB, 480x360 - viewed 155 times.)

* IMG_2169.jpeg (46.81 KB, 480x360 - viewed 144 times.)
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 31 January, 2024, 08:03:29 AM »

If it's anything like my cover on my 2c Berlina, it is a metal former with foam and then the cover, but that's series 1.m
Brian
8227  Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
nthomas1
Rebel Poster

« Reply #3 on: 31 January, 2024, 08:44:58 AM »

Martyn - they come up occasionally on Ebay - but not very often.  I think you have five options moving forward:
1) Buy a new one.  The supplier identified above is worth trying.  Also, Elvezio in Italy, well known for Lancia trim, list one for 360 euros, currently on offer for 310, but you'd have vat and shipping on top of that.
2) Buy a fibreglass dash top and have it painted.  Rosso Corsa Italia do one in fibreglass.
3) Continue the search for a good used one.   Put your need out on the various Fulvia Facebook groups.  A lot of people are parting out Fulvias now - as witness the recent huge increase in used parts for sale on Ebay. I'd look beyond Ebay, and would Google the requirement as well.  Add the word "eyebrow" to any search as that word often comes up in Italian listings that have been translated!!
4) Approach a reputable trimmer about having your one recovered.   I've heard of people doing this.
5) Have a go at repairing and refinishing yours (yourself, or via a trimmer).   I have a long paragraph that I cut and pasted from somewhere describing the process.  It may well have been copied from somewhere on this forum.  Apologies to the creator for not being able to give credit, but hopefully he/she will be glad to have their advice shared.   See attached.

I hope this helps!
Cheers, Norm

* Dashtop Repair copy.png (292.58 KB, 1913x737 - viewed 30 times.)
« Last Edit: 31 January, 2024, 04:34:36 PM by nthomas1 » Logged

Norm Thomas
Ormskirk, Lancashire

Own:
1973 Fulvia S2 Coupe
Previous Lancias: S2 Coupe and S3 Coupe in late 1970s
Charles Frodsham
Megaposter

« Reply #4 on: 31 January, 2024, 01:19:38 PM »

This guy did an S2 dashtop for a friend of mine. There had been some sections cut away in it previous ownership, which were repaired, then recovered.

www.robertlines.co.uk

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd