Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 April, 2024, 12:56:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Delta 1.3  (Read 1732 times)
Mihran

« on: 11 December, 2023, 02:10:16 PM »

Hi all,

https://www.carandclassic.com/l/C1664564

Does anyone know who is selling this beauty at the moment?
Natalie needs a more motorway friendly car (than the 2Cv) and this may be ideal...

Thanks, Mihran'.

Fulvia s1, Thema 8.32 and a Citroen 2cv for diversity :-)
SanRemo78
Rebel Poster

« Reply #1 on: 11 December, 2023, 05:46:51 PM »

That looks like a superb vehicle for her - I'm sure she can cope with left hand drive - but better check with her and her insurance company before buying it!

Whilst it might be tax and MOT exempt I'd be wary and insist it has one which will no doubt require the headlights changing to ones more suited to the UK RHD environment. I also note the photographs show it on Italian number plates so it has got to be a priority to check for UK registration, NOVA declarations and duty payments before you buy it.

Then get it waxoyled to death by someone like Richard Thorne who know Deltas!

And seasons greetings to you both!

Guy

Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 11 December, 2023, 07:25:49 PM »

That does indeed look a fabulous car, reminds me so much of my first Lancia, a Mk1 Delta 1.5 with the same dash binnacle as that. But mne was in way worse condition! I can't recall the registration number now but that would be about 1988 so it would have been less than 10 years old, a V registration number springs to mind, so probably only about 8 years old at the time.
Just think how 8 year old cars are now bodywork wise and see how far we've come, but also how far away from being individualistic they've also gone.

That is one lovely car, and I agree with all Guy says, it will need some proper preventative work before being subjected to UK roads.
Good luck, hope you get it, would love to see it sometime.

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 11 December, 2023, 10:24:11 PM »

Know nothing about the seller or car but I dont get the same warm feeling. Too shiny outside for the dull inside and bumper scrapes, and some of the sill edges are in the photos a bit rough. A good look over before buying. When was the cam belt changed....Visit the car before buying.

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
arguti

« Reply #4 on: 15 December, 2023, 02:43:45 PM »

I think i know who the vendor is as i bought a Delta 1.5 off him around a year ago and we spoke about this car around 2 weeks ago (suspect it is a Spanish and not Italian plate)  - he is out in Spain a lot of the time and the car was as described as I had him looking at various lancias and alfas before I settled on the car I bought - welcome to PM me with questions but i suggest you confirm actual delivery date as mine took a lot longer than we had originally agreed.  
CesareFerrari

« Reply #5 on: 17 December, 2023, 07:16:14 PM »

The car is Italian registered- Brescia province.
Mihran

« Reply #6 on: 20 December, 2023, 11:08:32 AM »

Thanks team!
In the end we decided against as the insurance for a LHD Delta was insane!

We found a little Mk2 Golf (1989) 1.6 in fabulous condition, picking it up tomorrow.
As you all know, Natalie will switch to Lancia when possible :-)

Merry Christmas!
Mihran'.

Fulvia s1, Thema 8.32 and a Citroen 2cv for diversity :-)
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 20 December, 2023, 12:50:55 PM »

That's a pity. There's a RHD Delta 1300  on e-bay and another on Car & Classics.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd