Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 05:21:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Augusta News  (Read 3475 times)
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« on: 23 July, 2008, 07:11:11 PM »

Lancia Augusta News

I have asked the LMC committee for a loan to enable us to get new second gear sets made (in Australia, as we couldn’t find anyone here to make them). If that is forthcoming, an order will be placed for 20 sets, which we will be selling at £300.00 a set from the U.K., plus postage and packing. Australians will be able to get their sets directly from the manufacturer (or perhaps from Peter Renou) in Melbourne. If you need a set, please let me know in the next couple of weeks, as it will be on a “first come, first served” basis  - and there will probably not be any more made. I have interest shown for 15 sets at this time, but there are a few Augusta owners who have yet to be asked. A deposit of £200.00 will be required as soon as the order goes in, after which they should be available in about 10 weeks, depending somewhat on any Customs and Excise or shipping delays. (johnamillham@aol.com)

I now have a small supply of new starter pinion return springs and timing chain tensioner springs in stock. These are £5.00 each, plus postage and packing. I have put aside those which have already been asked for and will deliver most of them to the Augusta / Belna Dinner in Belgium on the 6th. October, or to the Lakeland meeting in November. If you want me to send them before then, let me know. 

The October 6th. Dinner this year will be in the village where Andrew Maclagan lives, near Namur, south east of Brussels. If you want to attend, please let Andrew know as soon as possible, so that accommodation and food can be sorted out in good time. (maclagan.a@gmail.com)

Moves are afoot for a “get together” in the lakes again this year, to celebrate the 75th. birthday of Andrew’s Augusta. This will be over Friday and Saturday, November 7th. and 8th., with everyone leaving for home on the Sunday. The VSCC’s Lakeland Trial on the 8th. is well worth watching and will amaze most people who haven’t been before. Warm, waterproof clothes are called for. If you want to attend, please let Don Williamson know as soon as possible, as space in the hotel is rather limited.  (don.williamson1@btinternet.com)

Kind regards, John Millham
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 23 August, 2008, 08:49:51 AM »

The order for the second gear sets has now been made, so please send your £200 deposits to:-
John A. Millham, 82 Brasenose Road, DIDCOT, Oxfordshire, OX11 7BN.
   (Those attending the Augusta / Belna Dinner in Belgium can pay then.)

There are no more starter pinion return springs or timing chain tensioner springs left.

Kind Regards, John
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 25 March, 2009, 08:30:06 PM »

The second gears are now made and ready to be sent (to me) once payment has been received. I'll then contact all of those who have ordered sets with their final price, including postage and packing. This should be within a couple of weeks.
Roy Wilcock is about to order another batch of new alloy bronze starter pinions, so if anyone (other than those on my list) needs one, please contact me before the end of March.     
          Kind regards, John -  johnamillham@aol.com or 01235 817 157, but don't leave a message with Mum please.
« Last Edit: 25 March, 2009, 08:37:46 PM by JohnMillham » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd