Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 April, 2024, 02:41:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Flaminia owner  (Read 4216 times)
DavidG

« on: 18 October, 2023, 05:22:09 PM »

Hello Members

I have re joined the club after 28 years because I now have a Flaminia Pininfarina Coupe (1962 2.5 3B). Bought as a rolling shell in pretty good condition and a lot of boxes and loose parts, it is a proper jigsaw puzzle. I am starting to make lists of what is missing and I will be asking for help in trying to track down parts and quite likely identify some of the ones I have. Trying to get myself onto the database at the moment in the hope that there is a parts book there, although this is proving tricky. If anybody has a parts book scan they can share I would be extremely grateful.

Some of the things I know I need at the moment:

All side glass and the attached metalwork
The rod between the gear lever and the gearbox - don't even know what this looks like.
Bonnet catches
A boot handle
Rear window chrome (stainless?) surround.
An indicator switch

I have wanted a Flaminia coupe for decades after getting the Lancia bug in the 80s whilst studying industrial design - I graduated from Fiats and eventually got a Beta coupe. Back then the only Flaminias I ever saw were Touring bodied cars, but when I saw pictures of the PF coupe I knew it was the one.
Fast forward, I now have a dream to go on an extended European tour when my car is finished, so it needs to be well sorted and reliable.

Anybody who can help with parts, please do get in touch.
I look forward to sharing my progress here.

Dave Gee
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 18 October, 2023, 05:52:09 PM »

David

Welcome to the Forum. I have most of the bits you are after, which were left over after the restoration of my Flaminia far more years ago than I want to admit to.

One possible area of confusion may be developing now. I have been on the Forum for many years, as David Gee, so you might well land up with questions or emails that may not make a lot of sense. You are welcome to ring me on 07970421633.
Best wishes

Dave Gee
lancianut666
Permanent resident

Slow but rough

« Reply #2 on: 19 October, 2023, 04:28:11 PM »

Pictures please!
Clarkey

Fulvia Coupe S2 Flavia Coupe 1967 1.8 Kugelfischer Prisma 1.6 carb Y10 Fila Y10 Touring Dedra 1.8 Dedra 2.0 Turbo Appia S1
willoroe

« Reply #3 on: 20 October, 2023, 03:05:35 AM »

David,
Welcome and good luck with your restoration/re-assembly.
I have to agree of course that the PF Coupé is the one to have!
I got scans of the parts book from the club library and you can view them on this link link
There are some pages missing I'm afraid but you should be able to find most things.
Willo

1960 Flaminia PF Coupé
1962 Alfa Giulietta Spider
1969 Wolseley Hornet MkIII
2007 Alfa 159
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 20 October, 2023, 05:27:28 AM »

I hope that you have great success with this project. My PF has given me over 10 years of interesting problems to solve, as detailed in my numerous forum posts.
 I have found it to be important to gather spare parts immediately they become available. Most become very useful.
 Mechanically OK?

Richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
lanciab20
President

« Reply #5 on: 20 October, 2023, 03:37:03 PM »

Welcome to Flaminia ownership, David.
I have owned a 1964 2.83B PF for about 10 years.  They are a great car, though not without their foibles!
I have switched to 16 inch rims (on original centres) to give a greater choice of tyre size. As a result I have four wheels with good 165x400 Michelin if you need them.
A complete set of bumpers came from Harrington in stainless steel to replace the dented and rusted units which were on the car when I got it.
The 3B carburettor is I am told quite difficult to set up but once properly set up, stays in tune.  I had the petrol tank professionally opened up and cleaned since it had a lot of rust and was blocking in-line filters on a regular basis..
Limit on cruising speed is really how much wind noise you can put up with.  Very torquey engine when in tune.  A bit heavy on petrol, but how many miles do we do in a year?
I hop you enjoy it.
Stuart
Charles Frodsham
Megaposter

« Reply #6 on: 22 October, 2023, 08:15:34 AM »

Welcome David!

I also have a 1962 2.5 3B, in RHD. If you need any points of reference I am happy to help.

Regarding the 3B carbs, Omicron (Martin Cliffe owned this car in the past and kept detailed notes) have some useful information about getting the internals of the carb in order…..in particular the two “accelerator pumps”, one of which is actually an enrichment device. Setting the carb is then very simple….a single mixture screw, which if my memory serves me right, adds air rather than fuel.

Charles
« Last Edit: 22 October, 2023, 08:17:31 AM by Charles Frodsham » Logged
DavidG

« Reply #7 on: 24 October, 2023, 12:14:57 PM »

Thank you all for your encouragement, and thank you Willo for the link. Dave, I will be in touch.

Not many photos at the moment but I have some of the journey home. Couldn't work out how the insert image worked if anyone wants to guide me.

My plan is to farm out quite a few jobs as I am impatient to get on the road. I am, however,  looking to end up with a very high level of finish and will be doing a lot of the detail work myself. The colour will change and I have always been drawn to the e coating process but not felt able to justify it on other cars. I am thinking about  a rollover jig so that I can thoroughly check the shell and do any further repairs before sending it for dipping (or direct to refinishing) but at the moment I am investigating the engine. The outside has previously been cleaned and removing the rocker covers reveals sparkling valve gear and no sludge. The covers themselves have also clearly been thoroughly cleaned on the inside and there is clean oil in the sump, but attempting to remove the inlet manifold makes me think this engine has not been dismantled in recent times. I know it has been stood for at least 5 years but nothing is known of its history before this (or the rest of the car). I will have to make up some sort of tool to lift the manifold off its studs, more makeshift approaches, plus plenty of heat, having failed so far. Then the heads...  I have read of other peoples struggles with these.
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #8 on: 24 October, 2023, 04:16:20 PM »

Hoping of use re uploading images

https://www.lancia.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1193.0

P

Frank Gallagher
DavidG

« Reply #9 on: 25 October, 2023, 10:38:10 AM »

Journey home.

* P_20231003_165439.jpg (410.17 KB, 820x615 - viewed 56 times.)
DavidG

« Reply #10 on: 25 October, 2023, 10:39:29 AM »

Thank you Parisien, for some reason that didn't work before.
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #11 on: 25 October, 2023, 12:24:58 PM »

Which colour combination favourite?

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
DavidG

« Reply #12 on: 25 October, 2023, 01:15:47 PM »

At the moment I am liking the idea of a solid dark grey, the darker the better, but not black. Does anyone have a definitive list of colours that were available for the PF coupe?

The car came with the remains of a red interior so I will stick with that but maybe go slightly darker.
lancianut666
Permanent resident

Slow but rough

« Reply #13 on: 25 October, 2023, 08:41:08 PM »

From the picture it looks red in colour at the moment...not sure if that was a factory colour. If you need parts books etc try Viva Lancia https://viva-lancia.com/specials/cd/flaminia-cd.php

Fulvia Coupe S2 Flavia Coupe 1967 1.8 Kugelfischer Prisma 1.6 carb Y10 Fila Y10 Touring Dedra 1.8 Dedra 2.0 Turbo Appia S1
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #14 on: 26 October, 2023, 03:59:51 PM »

Here are pictures of 1970 Lancia colour flitches which possibly cover the end of Flaminia production. I don't have the actual item so what you can see in the pictures is all the information I have. I had a Berlina which had a dark grey metalic as its original colour which I thought must have looked very distinguished.

* 1970 TABELLA COLORI FULVIA APPIA FLAMINIA 2.png (818.73 KB, 768x774 - viewed 222 times.)

* 1970 TABELLA COLORI FULVIA APPIA FLAMINIA 3.png (1143.01 KB, 754x747 - viewed 214 times.)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd