Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
27 April, 2024, 06:38:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: propshaft  (Read 3512 times)
Running Board

« on: 09 August, 2023, 07:33:17 AM »

I'm looking for a good secondhand prop shaft for our Australian friends , they have a car with a bent prop and no spares available . I'm more than happy to arrange logistics of collection or postage and purchase or if anyone has one they can deal directly with Iain , any help greatly appreciated my number is 07961713441 James

When it comes to Lancias, mine are State Of The Ark!
Dikappa
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 09 August, 2023, 07:59:52 PM »

James,  If anything turns up on the continent, I still have stuff to send to Iain, so this could go with it...

Koen
Running Board

« Reply #2 on: 10 August, 2023, 07:18:29 AM »

James,  If anything turns up on the continent, I still have stuff to send to Iain, so this could go with it...

Koen
thanks Koen , no joy as yet , keeping my fingers crossed, j

brian
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: 12 September, 2023, 04:41:19 PM »

Just found this thread.
When I restored my Augusta I lost all my tooth fillings at 42MPH and could not balance my prop shaft and eventually put on a solid shaft with UJs and it has been no trouble at all in last 15 yrs

Brian Hands

1922 Hands Tourer
1934 Augusta standard saloon
1938 Aprilia S1 saloon
1953 Aurelia B10
1965 Flavia Sport
higgsy 45

« Reply #4 on: 29 October, 2023, 01:58:43 PM »

Hi. I had the same problem as Brian I also had adaptor rings for the spiders made and got anew modern one made but I still have the problem at around 50. Unfortunately I changed lots of things at the same time so too many unknowns!
I Have messaged Propshaft Services (no answer) who made mine to ask about run out as Measuring the run out on the shaft tube O/D and the O/D of adaptor rings at both ends I am getting between +/_ 17 and 20 thou (ins);
 Would this run out cause nasty vibration? You can drive through it but I don't want to I need to sort it so I can do  A roads in comfort.   Thanks. Dale
higgsy 45

« Reply #5 on: 29 October, 2023, 02:03:15 PM »

Hi. Sorry I forgot the main thing did you get a propshaft. I have a very old and neglected one ( from car probably around no 500 flat ran and thin half shafts) it needs blasting and would then need to be balanced.
Welcome if you want it ,let me know if nothing better.    Cheers. Dale
Running Board

« Reply #6 on: 30 October, 2023, 03:22:34 PM »

Hi. Sorry I forgot the main thing did you get a propshaft. I have a very old and neglected one ( from car probably around no 500 flat ran and thin half shafts) it needs blasting and would then need to be balanced.
Welcome if you want it ,let me know if nothing better.    Cheers. Dale
no i didn't get a propshaft  so if its available i'd be grateful, James

higgsy 45

« Reply #7 on: 03 November, 2023, 11:48:14 AM »

Hi James.   No problem it's down for you.  As long as you are happy for it to get blasted and probably will need balancing after that, but I don't suppose 34 HP will twist it!
I'm about 2 miles  M25 J11, Where are you?  Let me know how you would like to play it.  Cheers. Dale
higgsy 45

« Reply #8 on: 03 November, 2023, 02:54:24 PM »

Hi James.  Didn't realise you have adopted Morris's moniker = Wrexham.
Running Board

« Reply #9 on: 07 November, 2023, 08:28:10 AM »

Hi James.  Didn't realise you have adopted Morris's moniker = Wrexham.
I took over dads membership instead of renewing mine , re propshaft probably easier if i sent a courier as i'm in north wales , j

higgsy 45

« Reply #10 on: 07 November, 2023, 08:18:42 PM »

Hi James   do you want a photo first I haven't tried but I'll put a spirit level (my best straight edge) along it first aso we can check it's ok.  Cheers. Dale
Running Board

« Reply #11 on: 08 November, 2023, 01:12:15 PM »

just check it over and let me know what its like please, i'll take your word and judgement , j

higgsy 45

« Reply #12 on: 22 January, 2024, 06:31:38 PM »

Hi James.   I'm sorry I forget to look on the Forum for long periods, but I got a message that Robin Lacey had bought John Millham's car so brain got jogged into action. I'll dig out the propshaft if still needed and get sorting Cheers. Dale
Running Board

« Reply #13 on: 23 January, 2024, 07:31:53 PM »

brilliant thanks alot, j

higgsy 45

« Reply #14 on: 14 February, 2024, 10:37:33 PM »

Hi James

i got in a bit of a state sending photos of the propshaft and sent lots of bits but don't know if any of it arrived. It had lived in my shed since the mid 80s.  It was dead straight but didn't look brilliant but I gave it a quick rub with a wire brush and it looked a lot better. If you think it will do the job let me know It sounded like there was a route for you to get it to Aus.

I know you are in touch with lots of Augusta people I have to do serious de cluttering and have a really early flat rad Radiator (honeycomb type) with drain valve and surround and 2 flat sided bonnet halves that broke off along the hinge. Originally from the sister car to AYT 838. Let me know if of interest before they join the Series 1 Betas in the sky.

Cheers.  Dale
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd