Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
27 April, 2024, 12:37:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For the eagle-eyed among you  (Read 1373 times)
2VKP

« on: 02 August, 2023, 12:59:00 PM »

Dear all,

Some of may have noticed a 'blink and you'll miss it' post in the members cars for sale section of the forum that showed my car, which has of course been quickly deleted.  One or two have you have since been in touch to check if I have taken leave of my senses.

With this in mind, i thought I'd explain my momentary madness...

I've been the proud custodian of 2VKP for approaching 18 months now and in that time, it has proved to be the most rewarding old car that I've owned.  Aurelia ownership is a journey of discovery; sometimes expensive (especially when you're disinclined to get your hands too dirty), but always worth the expense.

I adore the car and am deeply protective of preserving both its history and gently improving its condition in a way that would make its previous custodians proud and I am always mindful of this.  As we stand today, the car is genuinely looking and driving as well as it could possibly be and I'm very proud of it.

Truth be told, I remain rather in awe of it, often to the degree that I'm a little frightened to use it, such is its rarity, if not fragility.

As I see it, owning an older car can sometimes be a balance of both joy and fear and at the moment, the scales are tipping in the wrong direction, which of course needs to be addressed by simply getting out and building some memories in it, as these things have a habit of growing if they're not dealt with by taking positive action.

So, for those of you who are concerned for my sanity, I just wanted to provide some assurance that normal service will be resumed shortly and I'll once again be boring forum members rigid with my tales of life with a B20.

I'd always imagined that my last old car would be a great one and I'm fully cognisant that this one really is...

Kindest regards

Lee

1953 Aurelia 3rd Series
B20-2881
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 02 August, 2023, 04:26:43 PM »

"a balance of both joy and fear"

Start putting that patina back on Smiley

David Laver, Lewisham.
2VKP

« Reply #2 on: 02 August, 2023, 04:38:37 PM »

Exactly David!

1953 Aurelia 3rd Series
B20-2881
impaw
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: 03 August, 2023, 06:17:20 PM »

Use the car Lee, it’s yours now!
Don’t think too much about its history and previous owner etc.
It’s your baby now😍😍

Torstein

1955 Aurelia B20
1966 Fulvia
1966 Fulvia rally/race car
2VKP

« Reply #4 on: 03 August, 2023, 06:20:59 PM »

Thank you my friend, wise words. I occasionally suffer from 'Imposter syndrome' with this car - I just don't feel worthy!  

Funny, but it's really a first world issue, isn't it?

I'm off into the garage to do some (very basic) fettling...
« Last Edit: 03 August, 2023, 06:24:20 PM by 2VKP » Logged

1953 Aurelia 3rd Series
B20-2881
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd