Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 April, 2024, 06:16:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Temperature gauges  (Read 1317 times)
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« on: 28 June, 2023, 07:50:52 PM »

The gauge on Sheila has stopped working, I presume a leak of fluid somewhere.   Anyone know of a repairer?     (I could have s bash myself but ether is tricky stuff - assuming that is the working fluid).

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 30 July, 2023, 02:52:44 PM »

I got one quote for repair of the communicating tube.   £600.00.  Yes, that is six hundred pounds.  I politely declined and went onto EBay where I found this - for £8.18 delivered.  Just fitted it and it looks fine.   They also do oil pressure gauges for the same price.    I know it is electric not steam but who cares?

* Temp gauge.jpg (112.26 KB, 1000x1000 - viewed 47 times.)

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
Dikappa
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 30 July, 2023, 06:51:19 PM »

I care hahaha!!!
I got my prelac gauges repaired in Holland, they where completel lacking the ether chamber and pipe, the cost was 250 Euro/piece...I found that ok.  But it would be some hassle to send 'm back and forth nowadays.
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 31 July, 2023, 11:43:47 AM »

I am thinking of doing a repair myself - using glue rather than solder to repair the tube.    I cannot quite see that soldering and ether are compatible though that seems to be how it was done originally.

Tony Stephens

« Reply #4 on: 31 July, 2023, 04:43:59 PM »

Did you ask Speedograph Richfield at Nottingham? They do these capillary type gauges, and I very much doubt their charges are on that scale.
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 02 August, 2023, 08:57:59 AM »

I had not but have just asked them.
Thanks for the info.

davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 06 August, 2023, 03:19:36 PM »

Just to say I took Sheila out for a run today and the gauge works.  Somewhat surprised I only got up to 50C  (lousy weather though) but that checked out perfectly with my IR temperature thingy.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd