Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
27 April, 2024, 12:35:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rear number plate frame/ surround on a coupe  (Read 3666 times)
Jai Sharma
Megaposter

« Reply #15 on: 22 May, 2023, 06:57:28 PM »

There should be two long and two short sides
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #16 on: 23 May, 2023, 10:45:56 AM »

You are correct.....there is a long piece missing but an excess of short pieces and corners so to my mind its an easy  modification to make one good low cost one. and its gets the pieces off my shelf!
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
Edjsunfulvia

« Reply #17 on: 18 June, 2023, 07:26:20 PM »

The production ones have 4 corners and 4 sides.

Can you, or anyone else, advise on the exact size of plate as shown for XHJ 281N; I am out of the UK so can't measure. It certainly does not seem to be a standard size. I have just received my magic letter today from the DVLA allocating me a UK registration number, also an N. Hurrah.
« Last Edit: 18 June, 2023, 07:38:58 PM by Edjsunfulvia » Logged

1971 Fulvia
1983 Aston Martin V8
1966 Sunbeam Alpine
HBG
Megaposter

« Reply #18 on: 19 June, 2023, 06:52:14 AM »

Great news. Still waiting for mine, DVLA want to inspect the car this week.

I bought a stainless number plate surround from Omicron and the dims agree with the holes in the rear panel, can't tell you what they are though without measuring again.

As a dim allowance will need to be made, I think I'll send the frame to the plate manufacturers for them to get a good fit.

Mihran

« Reply #19 on: 19 June, 2023, 02:59:36 PM »

https://www.lancia.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=12750.0

Same topic as before... get Jay's frames and get the smaller font rear plate from tippers vintage. I did mine 10 years ago and it's fabulous

Fulvia s1, Thema 8.32 and a Citroen 2cv for diversity :-)
HBG
Megaposter

« Reply #20 on: 11 July, 2023, 03:30:49 PM »

Getting dangerously close to being able to drive the Fulvia shaped ornament on my drive. I'm advised by email, after complaining, that my V5 will arrive tomorrow.

DVLA note that the process has been delayed (10 weeks so far) but make no apology and are unconcerned that they preside over a failed administrative requirement of an organised state. Failed state more like! Who are these people that think this is OK?
Wangler
Megaposter

« Reply #21 on: 12 July, 2023, 10:00:20 AM »

Getting dangerously close to being able to drive the Fulvia shaped ornament on my drive. I'm advised by email, after complaining, that my V5 will arrive tomorrow.

DVLA note that the process has been delayed (10 weeks so far) but make no apology and are unconcerned that they preside over a failed administrative requirement of an organised state. Failed state more like! Who are these people that think this is OK?

In my experience if it's something that can be done entirely without human input it'll be sorted quickly. Once it involves human intervention however, the service is atrocious. I understand that there is a big WFH culture.

Fulvia Coupe 1976
Fulvia Coupe 3 1975
HBG
Megaposter

« Reply #22 on: 13 July, 2023, 08:34:26 PM »

Nope, mustn't get excited.

11 weeks gone and the V5 didn't turn up as promised. Today I get a letter confirming the reg and that the V5 will take up to 4 weeks! And they've allocated a 'T' reg to a '76 car. You couldn't make it up.

A phone call to DVLA confirms that the reg is a mistake.....and they still haven't cashed my cheque despite saying I've paid.

Can you imagine how much of everyone's time is wasted by their sloppy practices?

Who are these muppets?

I'm beginning to doubt I'll have the car registered and shaken down before Goodwood, let alone the LMC trackday.
Spider2

« Reply #23 on: 14 July, 2023, 12:52:04 PM »

During lockdown/covid DVLA employees worked from home. They now refuse to return to the office because that would mean actually having to work and management may be around to ensure that sensible decisions were made. However, management may be no better. A guy on the Alfa forum cannot get his S.A. GTV registered with the DVLA. After 3 years he took it to a Judicial Review and got a ruling in his favour. Response from DVLA " A judicial Review is not legally binding on a Government body." He is still waiting for is V5.
Wangler
Megaposter

« Reply #24 on: 14 July, 2023, 02:15:22 PM »

Having achieved old codger status I had to apply for a new driving licence during Covid. I needed to make a couple of changes to my 35 year old pink paper one because my postcode had been changed and the house name was slightly different.

I waited and chased and waited and chased, all to no avail. As a last resort after a few months, I sent the DVLA a Royal Mail special delivery letter which I hoped would expedite the matter.

Almost by return of post I received my new licence, but it didn’t show either of the requested changes! But I’m hanging on to it anyway. They really need to relocate to somewhere with higher standards, perhaps out of Britain altogether?

Fulvia Coupe 1976
Fulvia Coupe 3 1975
HBG
Megaposter

« Reply #25 on: 14 July, 2023, 03:44:54 PM »

After a judicial review in his favour I think I'd go and bang on DVLAs door and demand action. I'd also just drive the car.

Today I received an actual V5 with the wrong reg on it. They will be producing another soon I hope, at least they say they will. Its now a P reg not T.

My fourth formal complaint included an invoice for 10 hours of my time at £85 p/h + vat. I'm going to pursue them for it. I've spent way more time than that trying to get them to do their job.

They spent more time answering calls and dealing with complaints than actually doing the work. There should be some sackings, starting at the top......
but you know, government, can't actually fire anyone in case it hurts their feelings.
JollyClubUK
Megaposter

1971 Fulvia S2 1.3s fast road spec

« Reply #26 on: 14 July, 2023, 05:11:51 PM »

That’s crazy Howard, I purchased my Fulvia S2 last October from Fulvia Classics and had the V5 in my name with age related plates within 4weeks.
They never even cashed my cheque and sent it back to me, I never responded back to them regarding the matter!
HBG
Megaposter

« Reply #27 on: 14 July, 2023, 07:35:29 PM »

Of course it's absurd. We are paying for this not fit for purpose service. You can't trust these people to do their job. Just imagine if they had something complicated to do?

Anyway, I'm almost there.
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #28 on: 15 July, 2023, 11:32:05 AM »

I know it's frustrating but abusing the DVLA staff isn't going to help. Decades of cuts leaves government departments without the staff or training to deliver the service you expect and the DVLA is most notable for NOT allowing home working. Departments cope with underfunding by reducing experienced staff and downgrading work to low grade staff who have neither the training nor expertise to deal with anything but the most straight forward cases.

I spent my whole working life in the same government agency and was appalled how over the years the quality of staff, management and expertise was degraded whilst the workload was increased multiple times over.
HBG
Megaposter

« Reply #29 on: 17 July, 2023, 04:16:03 AM »

I don't think calling out/ highlighting bad service is abuse. I speak as I find, and I find an unapologetic, bad service disappointing. There is no shortage of resources if endless time can be spent answering complaints instead of doing then checking the work.

Systems as much as people are at fault.

A quarter of a year to do 30 mins of paperwork?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd