Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 April, 2024, 09:50:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: rear tailgate mechanism  (Read 612 times)
Spider2

« on: 16 May, 2023, 05:56:10 PM »

Off to the Italian lakes in June and the rear tailgate opening/closing mechanism is broken......again. I have had the motor professionally rebuilt and that's fine but it was always notchy in operation but now does not work for more than a couple of seconds. After a lot of dismantling and re-assembly i have finally found the problem to be the drive cog in the little gearbox at the bottom. It engages with the worm drive from the motor. this cog is 1960's plastic and it has cracked and distorted one tooth. When this tooth arrives at the worm it jams. Reverse and its fine until the dodgy tooth meets the worm again.
If I cannot find a spare or someone to repair it I may well try a fix by filling the bad tooth with epoxy and filing a new groove.
I would like to hear from others who may have had this problem and maybe someone has got an old mechanism in a drawer in the garage???
BTW it is from a Series 1 Sport. I know the series 2 had a different motor but am not sure about the mechanism.
Help, can't cruise Lakes Gard and Orta with the tailgate closed... Not cool.
Dave Gee
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 16 May, 2023, 06:43:26 PM »

Have a look at hpc gears they manufacture small plastic gears that are not expensive when I used them in the past

catalogue on line at www.hpc-gears.co.uk

Dave Gee
Spider2

« Reply #2 on: 16 May, 2023, 06:53:41 PM »

Thanks David, had a look at their web site and I think a good chance they can help. Will give them a call tomorrow.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd