Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 April, 2024, 01:36:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mis-described Flaminia Touring on Car and Classic online Auction  (Read 217 times)
Flaminia3CPH

2 x Flaminia GTL 2.8 3C; Flaminia GT 2.5 3C

« on: 04 April, 2024, 08:26:43 AM »

Hi all,
I tried for days by various different means to contact C&C to alert them of a fundamental error in their description of a Flaminia in their online auction - closed yesterday 'Reserve not met'.
It has since been re-listed as a Classified Ad, carrying the same description.
The car is described as 'one of three GTL Touring fitted with the 2.53C' ie as opposed to the 2.8's fitted to 'the other 297 cars produced', a rare car indeed.
However, as the owner of both models the car is in fact one of 1700+ 2.5GT 3C's. Even more puzzling are images of some documents on the Ad all clearly confirming it as a 2.5GT 3C.
I tried to post a screen shot of the Ad but 'the file is too large'.
The other puzzling thing about this Ad, the car is a project in need of restoration. It has had its engine taken out 'for rebuild'; who knows what that might cost?
Nevertheless it 'failed to reach its reserve' at 46,500 Euros and has been re-listed at 69,500 Euros.
As a GTL project it would have still been expensive at 46,500 in todays market don't you think?
Lets see if it sells for the 'buy it now' price. I won't hold my breath and would advise the vendor not to either.
All the Best
PH
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 04 April, 2024, 01:50:28 PM »

Perhaps send the photo to yourself and use the 'reduce size' option and then forward to where you would like to post it?  £12000 for engine rebuild ?   Would this sound reasonable? Looking forward to seeing the photo if possible or send it to me and I can post it perhaps?

Richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Flaminia3CPH

2 x Flaminia GTL 2.8 3C; Flaminia GT 2.5 3C

« Reply #2 on: 05 April, 2024, 09:22:19 AM »

Hi Richard,
If you visit the Car & Classic Website its still there.
I have consigned my first GTL to H&H Auctions later this month BTW. Cracking car, just needs paint!
Best
Peter H
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd