Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
27 April, 2024, 09:21:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1984 I have Beta Coupe 2.0  (Read 723 times)
HPEHF
Megaposter

« on: 01 May, 2023, 06:20:32 PM »

From Last years Italian Car day in Devizes we met a gentlemen who had the below car and received the below via email:-

Unfortunately Tom died very suddenly in March. His Lancia was is parked up in his garage and the MOT ran out in November of last year.

My background in this tale, is that I did all the work necessary to get the Lancia back on the road, in November 21 after the car had been parked up in a barn in Lancashire.

Tom spent a substantial sum of money on bringing the car up to The standard required to pass the MOT. I have a spreadsheet which lists the parts replaced and the cost of those parts most of which were purchased from Betabozs.

His partner now wants rid of the car and I know from previous discussions with Tom that someone had expressed an interest in buying the vehicle at the time of your discussions.

The shell of the car was sound when I last saw in April 22 when it was shipped to Devizes, the paintwork was fairly typical of a car that had been stored since 1991.

The engine runs well and the mileage is genuine, the car may not be currently running as I know Tom was in the process of renewing the petrol sender unit gasket along with the bush on the main engine stabiliser bar.   If the car is to be moved it would have to be on a low loader.

Would there be anyone in your group interested in purchasing this car who could give it the TLC to bring it up to roadworthy standard.

I believe we would be open to offers which reflect the current state of the car and also the rareness of this particular model and marque.  Tom was of the view that the car would eventually attract a good price given the rarity of this model.

If any one is interested I would be pleased to chat with them. 

Please feel free to contact Charles Petrie on charles.petrie@hotmail.co.uk or 07518 353063.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd