Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 April, 2024, 10:44:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Parli Italiano?  (Read 2306 times)
HBG
Megaposter

« Reply #15 on: 10 April, 2023, 07:42:00 PM »

Hi HGB, glad to help you. The Italian number plates indicate the car originating from Trieste, near where I live. If you send me more details, perhaps I might be able to get more history about this car. Do treat it very carefully with running-in the rebuilt mechanicals : the engine is rebored to the maximum diameter size of the cylinders. You will want that engine to last zillions of miles, Andrea

Hi Andrea, what details would you need? The reg was 187401 TS as you can probably see. I'd be very happy to hear of any history, though not if this car has been made of two Fulvias!

The engine has done 1500km since rebuild, not sure if the head has been re-torqued. When it's here I think I'll change the oil and filter as a precaution. I've always used fully synthetic oil, Millers where possible, though not on new engines as they need to bed in a bit before maximum protection.

I'll have to get an owners manual and if possible some sort of 'Haynes' manual if such exists.

We stopped at Trieste on our way home last summer, lovely Aperol in the evening sun.

* 20220824_174736.jpg (3127.3 KB, 4032x3024 - viewed 33 times.)
nistri
Megaposter

« Reply #16 on: 11 April, 2023, 01:13:57 PM »

Do you know the name of the last owner? Car colour? Mk II coupe?
The booklet supplied by Lancia when the car was new carries a lot of useful info about servicing. There is no Fulvia Haynes manual. You can get CDs (in English) with the full manual from vivalancia.com and the LMC librarian can probably help you. Retorquing the head bolts is advisable and the valve clearance should be checked as well. I never use fully synthetic engine oil but I do change it (always with a new oil filter) every 12 months regardless of annual mileage. Andrea

Andrea Nistri

Ardea S2
Appia S2
Fulvia GTE
Fulvia Sport 1.3 S
Fulvia Montecarlo
Fulvia Coupe 1.3 S
Sebastien
Megaposter

« Reply #17 on: 12 April, 2023, 05:40:26 PM »

It would also be interesting to know the name of the Italian workshop that did the mechanical work.
There is no name on the original document, posted by the OP.
Maybe the seller has the information?
Some workshops are well known, and can be recommended for the quality of their work.
HBG
Megaposter

« Reply #18 on: 12 April, 2023, 05:50:31 PM »

I agree it's a shame some info has been blanked out, including the costs. Ideally I would have all of the history but ultimately I had to decide if it was a good car in a very limited amount of time. I'm no expert so had to make a judgement call - hope I made the right decision!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd