Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
27 April, 2024, 09:44:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: She's coming home!  (Read 4301 times)
HBG
Megaposter

« Reply #30 on: 20 April, 2023, 06:24:29 PM »

Already got a list of stuff to attend to before I'd consider it road ready, not least the need to register it.

Might be asking quite a few questions on this board!.....thank you all in advance!
TSB GTE

« Reply #31 on: 20 April, 2023, 08:01:49 PM »

In 2021 I registered my two Fulvia GTEs which I had already had in the UK for some time. There was no need to MOT the cars so sounds like the person you spoke to at DVLA didn’t understand their own requirements. I seem to recall it’s clear enough on the V55/5 form.

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-registration/new-registrations

Have you advised HMRC yet? You should do that straight away.

I had the cars inspected for accuracy of chassis and engine number etc. and year of manufacturer confirmed from club records. It’s not a cheap service. I could have avoided that by sending in the original Italian registration documents, but DVLA don’t as a rule return them (and say that you won’t get it back) so I wanted to avoid that and just claimed that in each case they were missing.
Your car looks great. Good luck Tom

2x Fulvia GTEs and various other non-Lancias.
HBG
Megaposter

« Reply #32 on: 20 April, 2023, 08:50:49 PM »

Hi Tom.

The shipping company have taken care of the HMRC stuff and vat to be paid. I'm just waiting for the NOVA docs, whatever they are and I'll submit to DVLA. I have the Italian export/ registration docs so hope it will be straight forward.

Being a 1976 car, Fulvia 3, I understand I can use black and silver plates even though in period they would have been yellow/ white. What's the consensus on this - I quite like the black and silver.....
JollyClubUK
Megaposter

1971 Fulvia S2 1.3s fast road spec

« Reply #33 on: 21 April, 2023, 06:39:37 AM »

To be period correct yellow laminated plates my 71 is on the aluminium black and silver your choice.
Just enjoy your car and do whatever you want, myFulvia is not for the purists but hey I like the look.
simonandjuliet
Permanent resident

« Reply #34 on: 21 April, 2023, 06:46:07 AM »

Out of interest (and sorry if you have already said this somewhere else) how do they calculate import duties and vat for a car going to the UK ?

Here in France, to bring in a UK registered car over 30yrs old ,  it is a flat 5.5% of the car's agreed value, including transport costs - plus the various handling fees. This is a vat/import duty combined figure

How does that compare ?

AmilcarCGS, ApriliaCabrio,S2Aprilia,Ardea c'cino,S4 Ardea, Appia c'cino, Appia f'cino,B20 s4,4 R4 Sinpar, R4 Rodeo, 65 Moke, 2xR60 Tractor, 2xToselli 78, Moto Guzzi Ercole, Disco 3, Mini ALL4 JCW, Moto Guzzi Cardellino, Fulvia GT, RE Himalayan, Ypsilon
HBG
Megaposter

« Reply #35 on: 21 April, 2023, 06:51:57 AM »

There is no duty, just vat based on value (purchase price) plus shipping costs.....however it seems to have cost me slightly less than I anticipated. The exact figures used are a mystery to me as I have yet to receive paperwork showing the calculation and the HMRC receipt. Also waiting for NOVA paperwork so I can register the car. The shipping company are very poor communicators so I don't know how long the wait will be.
dhla40

« Reply #36 on: 21 April, 2023, 07:10:27 AM »

Black and white plates used to be linked to the rolling 40 year historic vehicle status but I think they have frozen it at 1980.

Sean

1976 1.3s coupe
1973 1.3s coupe
1982 montecarlo project
1976 alfa GT
1981 alfa spider
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd