Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 April, 2024, 04:40:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Flaminia brake post..  (Read 1452 times)
Mitka

« on: 12 December, 2022, 01:36:47 PM »

Hi hope you are all well, I’m putting together a work list for the Berlina and breaks are on the top.
Former owner told me brake booster was rebuilt Two years ago, but surprise they lock after about 10min.

I have been advices to chuck the old booster and get a modern replacement.

Do you guys have any other advice regarding brake callipers ect?
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 12 December, 2022, 04:19:41 PM »

On rebuilding the remote servo push rod length is critical.. I brakes are locking and are released with cracking open a hydralic bleed. then an option would be to reduce to the pushrod length by c 0.5mm at a time.... Also check the remote servo pushrod is not corroded.

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
Jay
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 12 December, 2022, 06:27:45 PM »

If the old booster and slave mater cylinder is serviceable then I would stick to originality and service it yourself with seal kit or Omicron can do this for you and test it, as they have rig. As modern dual circuit solutions aren’t the nicest of things and can be quite bulky.

Regarding brake pistons, these bolt onto the claw/caliper. I have original Dunlops which are very good, although if yours are too far gone, you can get them relined or go with aftermarket kits. There are plenty of aftermarket products as they are the same that Jaguar used, there are even 4 pot upgrades. Dave Gee is the one to speak to as I think used http://www.fossewayperformance.co.uk/lancia-flaminia-brake-upgrades/ on his sport.

Julian Wood, Kingston, London
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 12 December, 2022, 06:48:32 PM »

I have used the 'Carbuild Solutions' combined servo/cylinder. I am happy with that.
  And I was never unhappy with the new Dunlop brake cylinder assemblies all round on my previous car.

Richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Mitka

« Reply #4 on: 12 December, 2022, 08:58:15 PM »

Thanks for prompt feedback.
dannels
Megaposter

« Reply #5 on: 19 December, 2022, 03:04:21 PM »

I used these guys 8 years ago - look original but don't rust!

https://www.bgdevelopments.co.uk/dunlop-piston-cylinder

Cheers
Dave

1961 Flaminia GT, 1966 Matra Djet V
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 19 December, 2022, 04:59:10 PM »

I think the rear brake pistons are an unusual diameter.  Can't remember exact size. 1 inch 5/16ths?

Richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Mitka

« Reply #7 on: 02 January, 2023, 10:12:39 PM »

What you guys think? Dot 4 sound about right?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd