Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:27:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: B10 rear lever shock absorbers - HELP!  (Read 1271 times)
brian
Megaposter

« on: 20 May, 2022, 05:40:37 PM »

I took B10 out over w/end and it developed a knocking from the back but I was away to Sussex for a break. On return yesterday I jacked car up to replace fluid with thickest hydraulic fluid I could get and my relatively recently overhauled N/S shocker had broken the splined output shaft that the arm fits onto and the arm was flapping on the bodywork. Also explains excess rear bounce that had also become evident.
I was planning to take it on Sliding Pillar - now only possible if anybody out there has a fair-poor example that I can fit temporarily until I can get a replacement that is within collecting distance of Repton? A faint hope but worth a punt!!
Otherwise a slower trip in Aprilia heading Augusta.
Brian Hands
01283 703136 or bghands@gmail.com

Brian Hands

1922 Hands Tourer
1934 Augusta standard saloon
1938 Aprilia S1 saloon
1953 Aurelia B10
1965 Flavia Sport
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 21 May, 2022, 02:00:18 PM »

I have sent you a pm Brian with a suggestion as to who you might  contact in the UK for a speedy solution as he is doing some work on early Aurelia shocks..
As to your actual problem, I have seen a few bent arms where adjustment of travel was obviously slightly incorrect but I have never seen a broken splined output shaft. 
How do you think this has happened?
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
brian
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 21 May, 2022, 07:00:30 PM »

I have no idea how it happened, I had no problem and then suddenly driving to See Paul Atkinson 7mls away the clunking and the back leaping started. The clunking was the arm hitting body as wheel bounced about. A proper engineer might be able to tell from the break.
Brian

Brian Hands

1922 Hands Tourer
1934 Augusta standard saloon
1938 Aprilia S1 saloon
1953 Aurelia B10
1965 Flavia Sport
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd