Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 06:04:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New posting policy  (Read 6903 times)
Harvey
« on: 19 June, 2008, 07:20:38 PM »

In light of some of the recent posts containing some harsh terms and thunderous slights, I wish to set out the LMC forum new posting policy. It's simple. You're only allowed to say something naughty about someone if you add a constructive clause to the sentence.

Allow me to give some examples:

Not allowed:   "Harvey, your car couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding."
Better:          "Harvey, your car couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding, but it does look pretty."
Preferred:      "Harvey, your car couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding, but it does look pretty. You must let me buy you a drink for
                    being such a splendid chap."

Not allowed:   "Your face looks worse than that of the Ford Scorpio."
Better:          "Your face looks worse than that of the Ford Scorpio, but I'm sure your mother loves you."
Preferred:      "Your face looks worse than that of the Ford Scorpio, but I'm sure your mother loves you. May I buy you a pint in
                    commiseration?"

From now on, when I spot posts that fall foul of this policy, I will alert the membership to them by use of hyperlinked e-mails (complete with klaxons) and write a letter to my MEP. You have been warned.
inthedark
« Reply #1 on: 19 June, 2008, 07:28:11 PM »

OK here goes then.........

Harvey, Your car isn't a Lancia

Harvey, Your avatar is rubbish

Harvey, the restraining order prvents you from writing to your MEP

Harvey, luv u really :-)

'the colonel'
Harvey
« Reply #2 on: 19 June, 2008, 07:50:29 PM »

Not a fan of "Sledge Hammer!", then?

Reporter: We're here at the scene of a liquor store robbery that was thwarted by the man beside me, Inspector Sledge Hammer. Inspector Hammer, tell us what happened.
Sledge Hammer: Well, Miss, I was in this store when two thugs entered and threatened the owner with shotguns. At that time, I drew my Magnum and killed them both. Then I bought some eggs, and some milk, and some of those little cocktail wienies.
Reporter: Inspector Hammer, was what you did in that store absolutely necessary?
Sledge Hammer: Oh, yes; I had no groceries at all.

Smiley
peterbaker
Permanent resident

www.retro-speed.co.uk

« Reply #3 on: 19 June, 2008, 09:18:26 PM »

Can we now go back and start again. Please! Cant beat a good arguement, sorry discussion topic

1961 Lancia Flavia 1.5 Berlina. FIAT Abarth. 1954 Daimler Conquest. 2003 MG ZT-T 135. 1998 SAAB 9-5 3 litre turbo.
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 19 June, 2008, 09:55:00 PM »

next time we're in convoy Harvey I shall use my right foot and it will be QED on the rice pudding front I'm afraid Smiley

Ps. But I do like the colour ... what colour is it ? (yes I am!)

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
Neil Lewis
« Reply #5 on: 21 June, 2008, 05:05:37 PM »

See my comments elswhere for my opinion of this thread.  Why can't you all grow up?
Scarpia
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #6 on: 22 June, 2008, 08:37:52 AM »

I thought the last few posts were actually fairly light hearted. I hope "growing up" doesn't mean we cannot have some fun. I'm probably half way to becoming an old fogey one might say, but I still enjoy a bit of humour with my car talk Smiley...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd