Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 07:01:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ultima Cars - Documentary ( mentions Lancia )  (Read 1410 times)
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« on: 04 April, 2022, 06:27:52 PM »

Many years ago a friend built an Ultima GTR and I did get a ride in it - quite an experience !

There's a documentary that has just appeared on YouTube with the history of the cars and company - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxxL9Me7pqc - quite interesting ! and from our point of view the prototype Ultima used Lancia parts ( this is mentioned in the first few minutes of the video ) - the question would be : does anyone know what they would be and from what ?

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 04 April, 2022, 07:57:14 PM »

If you pause it at 40 secs the brochure states  "Lancia Beta ; Rear Calipers"  Wink
Text also points towards the need to have a handbrake, presumably as it was aimed for road use rather than pure race use, hence the need for a handbrake using a rear disc setup which was rare in those days, certainly nothing from the usual stuff by Ford etc back then.
« Last Edit: 04 April, 2022, 08:02:50 PM by Kevinlincs » Logged

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 04 April, 2022, 09:11:02 PM »

Just sat and watched it all, what a great find!
Particulalrly liked the early footage from Mallory Park and Cadwell Park as I'd have been in the Cadwell crowd for sure.
Thanks for sharing  Cool

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 05 April, 2022, 09:11:53 AM »

Ha ha brilliant detective work ! Glad you enjoyed it ....

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 05 April, 2022, 11:05:08 AM »

I haven't watched it all yet but I remember Bob Light and Nigel James at 750MC races.
Also I had a ride in a demonstrator a Castle Coombe kit car day, £5 a go? The thing I remember about that day was my safety harness having parted company with it's mounting, had a temporary fix involving self adhesive tape, which failed as I buckled up. Always fancied a Noble 23 myself but my next Noble pasenger experience was at Brands Hatch where I quickly found out just how death defying efficient a modern braking system can be. Thankfully we were baulked on the next lap.
 Richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd