Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
23 April, 2024, 12:25:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Fulvia Berlina tidy up under bonnet.  (Read 759 times)
fay66
Permanent resident

« on: 28 March, 2022, 10:25:19 PM »

I took 'Fay' off the road in September to replace a badly leaking crankshaft pulley oil seal that was well overdue, and after participating in the Kop hill climb.
After just about stripping everything off ready to actually replace the seal, now it was actually possible to get at it, I had a fall that put me out of action until a few weeks ago.
Frank Tierney, friend and fellow Lancisti,
Came round and with my mostly verbal input, completed the work, and we got her fired up.
I had been cleaning years of accumulated oil and dirt, while also deciding that a fresh coat of paint on various components, that were last painted in 2006, ready for the run to the Lancia 100 years event in Turin, was badly needed.
Over the past couple of weeks I've been cleaning the parts ready to repaint.
Today was quite warm and I managed to prime and top coat the Air Cleaner, Support Bracket, and the huge air collector box fitted to series 1 Berlinas.
Not a brilliant job but a blind man would be pleased to see them.
So I'll give them a few days to harden off, then I can complete the much delayed job.
Normally 'Fay' is used during the winter on sunny dry days with no salt on the roads.
So I'm anxious to see if she has survived her enforced lay up.
Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd