Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 11:51:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A new member  (Read 2013 times)
2VKP

« on: 15 February, 2022, 10:46:55 AM »

Hello everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself as a brand new member to the LMC.

After some months in discussion, I have now finalised the purchase of a 3rd Series Aurelia that's well known to the club and is due for delivery to me in the next few weeks - I suspect you'll be able to guess which one, given my user name!

This will be my first Lancia and represents a realisation of many years.  I feel privileged to be the next custodian of this very special car and I hope to be a worthy custodian of it.

Even though I've owned a number of early 50's sporting cars over the years (usually Jaguars), I am sure there will be many daft questions posted here in the coming months and years, so I will apologise in advance!

I look forward to meeting you all at the annual rally in the summer and in the meantime, I will be sure to keep you updated on my progress with it.

Here's to the journey, about to begin...

Lee Marshall
Oakham
Rutland

1953 Aurelia 3rd Series
B20-2881
impaw
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 18 February, 2022, 07:15:14 PM »

It will be a great automotive adventure!:)

Torstein

Torstein

1955 Aurelia B20
1966 Fulvia
1966 Fulvia rally/race car
2VKP

« Reply #2 on: 24 February, 2022, 02:52:39 PM »

So, I am delighted to finally share that I have purchased B20/2881; the 3rd Series Aurelia previously in very long term ownership with John Savage and then in more recent times with Tim Riley - who has been exceptionally patient while I disposed of my similarly aged Proteus Jaguar.

The car will be with me towards the end of next week and I look forward to sharing my experiences both here and indeed in Viva Lancia in the coming months and years.

As such a beautifully storied car, I do feel a great sense of responsibility towards it and I feel rather humbled that it's joining me here in Rutland.

Regards,

Lee

1953 Aurelia 3rd Series
B20-2881
williamcorke
Rebel Poster

B10

« Reply #3 on: 24 February, 2022, 03:47:46 PM »

Congratulations.

'37 Aprilia
'50 B10
'53 B20
'68 Flavia Vignale
'55 Giulietta Sprint
S1 Land Rover
Charles T

« Reply #4 on: 06 March, 2022, 02:45:26 PM »

Excellent choice. You have many happy hours to look forward to.
I do hope all goes well over the coming months and years.

frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 06 March, 2022, 03:18:47 PM »

Welcome, and post away with the silly questions. There's plenty of technical crossover between models so others may learn some interesting things too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd