Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:45:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Struggles splitting a gearbox from an engine...  (Read 9608 times)
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #15 on: 25 January, 2008, 07:57:17 PM »

I am slow to pick up on this thread, but I am enjoying it – it takes me back to the delights of discovery of all those lovely things that go to make up an Aprilia engine. When removing the head, Ed’s/Ade’s cautionary note about not losing the cam wheel vernier pin is a wise one. I recall it’s threaded on the inside (2BA?) and putting a screw in it (with string attached) to pull it out is something else to remember. And don’t look for head bolts – there are nuts on studs! Then, when the head is off, cross fingers and look down the bottom of the block to see how deep the corrosion pits are.
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #16 on: 07 June, 2008, 07:24:54 PM »

Very old Members will remember John Maltby's house on the St Alban's road.  The front room was completely filled with spares and various other rooms were also cluttered but we could all get into the kitchen for a cup of tea after the pub.  No wonder he was no longer married! (You Have Been Warned)

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd