Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 06:17:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aurelia B12 engine project for sale  (Read 1216 times)
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« on: 22 November, 2021, 04:58:56 PM »

I have engine number B12-1341 which is surplus to requirements.
This is a nice easy project being a complete disassembled matching number B12 engine which comes with new pistons. It seems to be in good condition overall with minimal corrosion and a crankshaft in good condition which i dont think has ever been machined. Indeed I think the engine may never have previously been rebuilt as there is no evidence of heads being skimmed etc.
It can come with water pump, dynamo, starter motor and distributor and if required I can also supply a good camshaft and cam followers ( the ones from the engine are poor).
If not sold within a few weeks, I will most likely commence rebuilding it myself to while away dark winter evenings!
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 27 January, 2022, 05:18:19 PM »

I have been side-tracked this winter with other car related  things and so I have yet to start this easy engine rebuild.
Therefore it is still available as a project.
What I failed to say below is that the new pistons and rings look to be able to be fitted straight into the existing liners after they have had light hone. The ring gaps look fine and the liner faces are flush with the top of the block - i.e they haven't dropped.
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd