Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 01:38:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thema 8.32 Auxiliary Air valve (or idle control valve?)  (Read 3208 times)
Robbo-lmc

« on: 05 August, 2021, 07:25:24 AM »

Hi everyone. We have a problem. Our swiss variant 8.32 has a knackered Auxiliary Air valve (or idle control valve?). This is causing it to fail to hold its idle. The part number is Bosch 0 280 140 231. I think they only fitted them on the Swiss and maybe American market cars as part of the different anti-pollution measures. The garage doing some of the work on the car has taken the original valve apart and re-coiled it with fresh wire as the old was corroded, but it didn't work. I cant find this part for sale anywhere, either 2nd hand or on the shelf. I'm looking for advice on sourcing a replacement, any companies anyone knows that may be able to rebuild/refurb the old part or any alternatives that would still work. The non swiss variant part is seemingly easier to come by but we have been told it can’t be made to work. Any help appreciated; this is the only thing left stopping the car being back on the road!!
Sebastien
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 05 August, 2021, 04:03:21 PM »

Hi, I sent you a PM.
Robbo-lmc

« Reply #2 on: 05 August, 2021, 04:17:29 PM »

I dont seem to have received it?
Sebastien
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: 05 August, 2021, 11:49:11 PM »

I sent it to the email in your profile, integrale.16v@….
Alternatively send me a PM and I shall reply.
Robbo-lmc

« Reply #4 on: 06 August, 2021, 06:31:33 AM »

ah yes sorry. Thanks, I have replied with more info - thanks
HaydnW92

« Reply #5 on: 03 November, 2021, 08:30:47 PM »

Hi,

Did you manage to solve this issue? My S2 8.32 doesn't seem to like returning to idle, but otherwise runs and revs really nicely. It's just making things 'interesting' when slowing to a stop for junctions and roundabouts...

It doesn't sound quite as severe as your issue, but perhaps it's along the same lines?

Haydn
m tulloch
Megaposter

« Reply #6 on: 05 November, 2021, 11:01:51 PM »

Hayden,

Have you set up the metering unit as in the manual? It needs to be exactly right otherwise it'll cut out exactly as you describe; idle speed will be around 950-1000 rpm.
Give me call if you need any help.

Matt.
Robbo-lmc

« Reply #7 on: 11 November, 2021, 09:30:07 AM »

Hi. We still have this issue. The cars is at a garage and the current thought is the idle control valve needs replacing. We are still looking for one but they seem to be pretty much impossible to find.
HaydnW92

« Reply #8 on: 23 December, 2021, 10:55:51 AM »

Thanks for the offer Matt - I may take you up on that if the issue worsens in the future, but for now, the car is behaving a lot better after removing and cleaning the idle screws. No more cutting out at junctions (touch wood!)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd