Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 08:03:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rear leaf springs for Flavia 2000 Coupe 1970  (Read 1733 times)
markinnes

« on: 13 September, 2021, 10:36:17 PM »

I need replacement Rear leaf springs for my Flavia 2000 Coupe 1970. It seems my best hope for new replacements would be Midland Springs, but they are asking for a spring to use as a template. Mine are not suitable, as it looks to me as if a leaf or two leaves have been cut through to lower the car
  • , and the spring re-assembled and taped - so I can't trust the camber to be right, and they might not even have the right number of leaves.

I have found technical info, so can give Midland Springs the camber, the deflection under load, the 5 cm spring width, 30 mm eye I.D. But can any-one tell me the correct number of leaves [looks like 6 number in the Parts catalogue], and the thickness of each leaf? Or even better, lend me a spring for a template [I'll pay carriage and return of course]

Or recommend any-where else to get new built or OE spare or reasonable second-hand?

Many thanks, Mark I

PS * A later owner, to compensate, had added additional coil springs on top of the leaf springs. Not flat helper-springs, but coil-over springs that were far too stiff, giving a very high tail and a wobbly ride cornering. The up-side was that removal required only a gentle tug!
Adamburton99

« Reply #1 on: 19 September, 2021, 02:56:24 PM »

I've a '69 2000- I'll have a look in the next day or two & come back to you
markinnes

« Reply #2 on: 08 November, 2021, 08:48:04 PM »

Adam, thanks. I've just got hold of a couple of s/h springs that should fit mine, plus a good condition one to take to the Midland Spring Co rep in Cornwall as a template. I'll post when I've more news
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd