Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:40:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: S1 Fulvia Headlight Relay Intermittent Problem  (Read 4988 times)
Greg

« on: 19 May, 2008, 04:43:04 PM »

My car, Fulvia Sport 1.3S Series 1, has an intermittent problem with the headlights. The full been and sidelights work all the time but every now and then the dipped headlights fail to work. I’ve taken the relay unit apart and cleaned all the contacts etc, which made the light’s generally work much better but still I have this problem with the dipped headlights. I’ve checked the earths and they seem to be fine so the only thing I think it can be is the light relay in the fuse box. Can anybody help with this or point me in the direction of where I can get a new one?

Many thanks,
Greg Shilton.
Neil
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 19 May, 2008, 06:15:10 PM »

Greg, I don't have any S1 experience, but suggest you try Chris on this forum (cpfulvia@onetel.co.uk), I am sure he will have a few good ideas for you and may be the part you need too.  Checking the earths would be my first port of call, but you seem to have done that already.

Neil   

1973 Fulvia S2 1.3
inthedark
« Reply #2 on: 19 May, 2008, 08:08:33 PM »

I would also suggest checking the stalk, I had to bypass the switch on mine until I could
take it apart. (That's presuming it's the same as a ser II stalk)
Geoff

ps: also check the fuse contacts as the main/ dip use different fuses and a good fitment
does not always mean a good connection.
« Last Edit: 19 May, 2008, 08:10:20 PM by inthedark » Logged
Greg

« Reply #3 on: 19 May, 2008, 09:34:31 PM »

The switch for the lights is on the dash. It pulls out for sidelights and then again for the dipped headlights. Only the full beam is controlled by the stork. Also I've been through the fuse box and cleaned all the contacts and have changed the fuses but still the problem is there.

Cheers Neil, I will contact Chris when I get back from a few days away with work to see what he suggests.

Thanks for the replies guys.
nistri
Megaposter

« Reply #4 on: 20 May, 2008, 11:03:31 AM »

Light Problems:

The light relay unit is usually pretty reliable, but its cable connections are not. Check they are not loose/corroded etc.

Fuse box: after disconnecting the battery, remove the fuse, replace it (or clean the contacts to bright metal) and clean with a small file the fuse holder contacts.

Check the light reverse switch on the gearbox: its connections should be firmly in place and clean.

Good luck
Andrea

Andrea Nistri

Ardea S2
Appia S2
Fulvia GTE
Fulvia Sport 1.3 S
Fulvia Montecarlo
Fulvia Coupe 1.3 S
peterbaker
Permanent resident

www.retro-speed.co.uk

« Reply #5 on: 20 May, 2008, 02:33:02 PM »

I had a problem with my series one sport when going from dip to main beam, the lights would go out altogether, it turned out to be a connection inside the stalk

1961 Lancia Flavia 1.5 Berlina. FIAT Abarth. 1954 Daimler Conquest. 2003 MG ZT-T 135. 1998 SAAB 9-5 3 litre turbo.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd