Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
25 April, 2024, 03:57:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cromodora CD28 alloy wheels  (Read 1399 times)
ICEMAN

« on: 02 October, 2022, 02:26:59 PM »

I’m looking to buy four new replica Cromodora CD28 alloy wheels.
I want the correct 70.1 mm centre hole for my Fulvia 3.
Are there any UK stockists or have I got to order them from Europe and get hammered for delivery, import duty and VAT.

Thanks
Kev
Spider2

« Reply #1 on: 29 October, 2022, 04:48:44 PM »

The fact that importing spare parts from Europe would be a nightmare was very predictable to happen as a result of Brexit. Together with a devaluation of about 20% in our cars, as there is now virtually no market for them in the EU, has meant that Brexit has not been kind to our hobby.
Apart from the points you raised it trashed my business of 40 years.
« Last Edit: 30 October, 2022, 01:14:40 PM by Spider2 » Logged
peteracs
Administrator
Rebel Poster

« Reply #2 on: 30 October, 2022, 05:33:18 PM »

Hi Kev

Just one point to clarify on you comment is related to VAT. Yes VAT is charged at the current U.K. VAT rate, BUT you should not be charged VAT on the cost in the EU country you are buying from, so that should cancel itself out in general.

As to the rest, import duty will depend on the product and shipping has got more expensive anyway.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Spider2

« Reply #3 on: 30 October, 2022, 06:04:29 PM »

Sadly, it has become so difficult for small EU companies to export to the UK that many will not bother. The stacks and stacks of paperwork they have to fill in makes it not work while on orders of a few hundred pounds. Some who do simply load the price to compensate.
A friend left his i-pad in a French hotel. £160 and 2 weeks later he got it back. 2 years ago, it would have been about £7 in a jiffy bag and popped in the post.
Oh well, I suppose this is progress, but no one yet has shown me what the benefits are.
Spider2

« Reply #4 on: 30 October, 2022, 06:17:35 PM »

Talking about wheels: I am looking for a set of original series 1 steel wheels in good condition. Would be willing to swap for my alloys.
Not sure what they are but may be cd28's
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd