Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 06:49:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flaminia Zagato - recommendations for an electrician?  (Read 1694 times)
AdvocatusD

« on: 17 April, 2021, 09:02:11 AM »

Hi everyone, hope you're well. My car need to be completely rewired as part of its restoration and I should be able to start on the electrics in a few weeks. Has anyone had good experiences they can talk about? A referral would be super. Thank you.
AdvocatusD

« Reply #1 on: 25 April, 2021, 09:28:07 AM »

Sorry to have no responses. I have found 3 auto electricians. All of who seem good and responsive. Will update for the good of the group, once I finish the work.
Jay
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 27 April, 2021, 12:26:56 PM »

I can’t recommend anyone but I can say it’s a pig of a job as most of the wire is black with illegible small alloy tags. I spent a lot of time with a continuity tester checking the wires and getting my head around what's what.   

Julian Wood, Kingston, London
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 27 April, 2021, 01:34:48 PM »

Not the easiest car wiring to work on due to all black insulation and shortage of space to see whats what, especially at the back of the instruments. Pre PCB of course so in a way, any faults or bad connections are quite straightforward to find.
Good lighting and patience are necessary.
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd