Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
22 June, 2021, 05:23:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone replaced the gearbox input shaft bearing?  (Read 291 times)
DaveKennedy

« on: 23 April, 2021, 07:17:11 PM »

Hi all,

I have the gearbox out of my Series 3 and want to replace the input shaft bearing, which is noisy. (A new clutch disc and release bearing are going in too.)

Has anyone done this job?  I'd like to understand which parts have to be removed to get at the bearing and the workshop manual/parts drawings don't make it clear, not clear to me anyway. It looks like all the gear control rods have to be removed but I don't want to end up with springs flying out unexpectedly!

Dave.

lancianut666
Permanent resident

Slow but rough

« Reply #1 on: 24 April, 2021, 10:14:45 AM »

Anyone? If you get stuck I know someone who has just had a gearbox in bits so will be able to talk confidently about it so get in touch.
Clarkey

Fulvia Coupe S2 Flavia Coupe 1967 1.8 Kugelfischer Prisma 1.6 carb Y10 Fila Y10 Touring Dedra 1.8 Dedra 2.0 Turbo Appia S1
DaveKennedy

« Reply #2 on: 24 April, 2021, 09:27:33 PM »

Will do. Thanks Jim.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd