Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 06:51:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brake Unions on Flavia Coupe  (Read 944 times)
Angle Grinder
Megaposter

« on: 04 June, 2022, 08:50:23 PM »

Are all the brake pipe fittings on the Dunlop braking system Flavias 3/8 UNF?

Ta!

Current Cars: 1994 2.0 VIS Thema Station Wagon, 1967 Flavia 1.8 PF Coupe.

Previous cars:
1983 Prisma 1600
1991 Thema 16v i.e. SE
1988 Thema 8v Turbo
1992 Thema 16v i.e.
1983 Gamma Coupe (manual)
1993 Thema VIS
1994 Thema VIS LE
1990 Thema 2.8
higgsy 45

« Reply #1 on: 12 June, 2022, 09:56:46 AM »

Hi. I did a major rebuild of everything on my brakes a couple of years ago including fitting one of the Spanish replacement servos. Only thing untouched was master cylinder which was good before and after all the other work. Memory not good but all threads (cap screws, nipples and other nuts and bolts) on the caliper assemblies are imperial. Master cylinder and servo original) are metric. The first copper pipe from the flexibles to the calliper blocks are metric at input (hose) and imperial into the caliper, I bough several of each type of nipple and made sure I had a new nut in each hole to be sure. If you make new little copper pipes for the connections around the calliper don't do what I did, I though I'd made decent copies but not so, they rubbed on the inside of the wheel rims, they have to be very snug around the unis.
Hope that helps and let me know if you need anything else. Cheers. Dale
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd