Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 05:09:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fulvia Berlina  (Read 7045 times)
Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« on: 07 March, 2021, 08:26:51 PM »

https://mathewsons.co.uk/auctions/auction-dates/vehicles/16947-1972-lancia-fulvia-berlina

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 08 March, 2021, 10:38:53 AM »

Strong money for a Berlina, so let's hope people finally realise what a bargain this one is, even if it does makes the guide price.

Brian
8227 : Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 08 March, 2021, 04:08:19 PM »

Looks lovely.  Says restoration in the magazine.  Who's is / was it?

David Laver, Lewisham.
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 08 March, 2021, 05:41:19 PM »

I think it belongs to a Member from the Hampshire group, and he restored it himself, it was in
' Viva Lancia' sometime ago.
Brian
8227 Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 08 March, 2021, 08:49:13 PM »

I think it belongs to a Member from the Hampshire group, and he restored it himself, it was in
Brian
8227 Cool

It belongs to Richard, Brian. The one I did for him around 2015. Richard who came down to Marys' place and took away the buried sedan!
He's hardly used it at all since then and is thinning his fleet down a bit.

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
pasey25

« Reply #5 on: 09 March, 2021, 12:22:12 AM »

this is a bit cheaper than the going rate in Oz.

and we probably have a few more in circulation (but lesser access to LHD cars)

69 S1 RHD Fulvia 1.3s since 2001
67 S1 RHD Fulvia GT 1231cc since 2020
67 S1 RHD Fulvia GT 1216cc since 2021
Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 09 March, 2021, 07:53:57 PM »

I think there's a bit of gold fever after the recent 2000 sedan auction sale, not that he's expecting anything like £23k!  Grin
But the market for all classics seems very buoyant at the moment, most makes selling well at near record prices, the classic market crash hasn't happened yet...
It will be interested to see where the bidding goes to but it's maybe a bit unusual and niche for a general classic auction, but you never can tell..

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 10 March, 2021, 10:12:45 AM »

I think Mathewsons is a place where people expect to find the unusual and also that their position at the more affordable end of the market may be a good fit as well. Time will tell whether I am right though.
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #8 on: 10 March, 2021, 03:06:58 PM »

Brian
8227 Cool

It belongs to Richard, Brian. The one I did for him around 2015. Richard who came down to Marys' place and took away the buried sedan!

Thanks Kevin, if you did the work then I'd have no hesitation in recommending it!
Brian
8227 Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« Reply #9 on: 10 March, 2021, 10:08:45 PM »

Brian
8227 Cool

Thanks Kevin, if you did the work then I'd have no hesitation in recommending it!
Brian
8227 Cool

Thank you kind Sir  Cool Very much appreciated.

If anyone does want any information on the car, what was done etc I'd be happy to say. It did need a fair amount doing, as usual, but I was happy with how it turned out. All the door shuts etc came out nice, painted engine bay etc.

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« Reply #10 on: 18 March, 2021, 10:09:27 PM »

Auction is this Saturday starting 9AM, Fulvia now has lovely walk round video on the website..

https://mathewsons.co.uk/auctions/auction-dates/vehicles/16947-1972-lancia-fulvia-berlina

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« Reply #11 on: 20 March, 2021, 04:36:41 PM »

Anybody off here bid, or buy it?
Did pretty well all things considered, hammer down at £11,750. Not bad for a saloon  Cool

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #12 on: 20 March, 2021, 07:23:59 PM »

And...he's wrong, those police cars in the Italian Job were Giulias weren't they.
CesareFerrari

« Reply #13 on: 20 March, 2021, 08:15:57 PM »

The video eventually posted by Mathewsons showed the car to be extremely attractive, and a tribute to Kevin's work on the restoration.
I am glad that a saloon has reached such a good price, even if it lessens my chances of ever owning another. I covet them far more than the coupes, and the pleasure of driving they offer is regarded as higher by a lot of people with experience of both.
The commentary on the video at times rather irritated. All credit to the auctioneers for bringing the car to the attention of the right buyers, but not for careless comments about "Larncias" and rust, and Fulvias being police cars in 'the Italian Job'.

Viva Lancia! (pronounce it "Lancha")
Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« Reply #14 on: 20 March, 2021, 09:20:39 PM »

In defence of Derek and his crew they are very knowledgeable about a huge variety of vehicles but sometimes the little details can be missing. It's hard to have full knowledge on everything when you go from a Thames van to an Esso sign, to a Velocette  vintage motorcycle to a modern Mercedes then an Italian Lancia that they have probably never seen before. They are a family run establishment rather than a big corporate entity like other auction houses and are very approachable. I know Richard has dealt with them before, I myself have been to their auctions with my friend Steve (keep seeing ourselves on TV, on again this week looking gormless!) and after the auction had ended Derek stopped for a chat despite being the auctioneer since 9am with hardly a break, by then it had gone 6pm but he still stopped for a chat with fellow enthusiasts like us and his enthusiasm was clear to see despite a tiring day.
So I do feel they are allowed a little slack in not knowing everything!
And even I pronounce it Lan-see-A so that's just an accent thing, mind you a lot of people struggle with my Lincolnshire accent anyway, well there's an awful lot of nodding as replies!  Grin

The police car thing did make me say "no, wasn't a Lancia" but I said they were Fiats! Shows non of us know everything, and I'm supposed to be an Alfa fan too  Roll Eyes

But needless to say Richard is very happy with the sale.

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd