Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 05:09:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 61 Flaminia fuel line clips/clamps  (Read 3248 times)
FERGTS246

« on: 12 February, 2021, 02:27:27 PM »

Hi, does anyone know what type of clips/clamps were fitted in 1961?
Thanks in advance.Chris
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 12 February, 2021, 07:26:32 PM »

Assuming you mean clips to fasten the fuel line under the body rather than "unions" then they are strips of metal folded round the pipe in a "P" profile with both ends held down by a retaining screw. I cam maybe get a picture tomorrow as I have a spare fuel line somewhere (subject to not getting blocked by the dreaded "forbidden 403" curse).
FERGTS246

« Reply #2 on: 19 February, 2021, 10:00:54 AM »

Hi All, I found out that the fuel line clips used originally were the spring wire clips that you use pliers to enlarge the aperture to pull over the tube.
Best Chris
Jay
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: 19 February, 2021, 10:30:55 AM »

Chris
Sounds like you going down the 100% originality route, you will have to come round and show me after lockdown.
All Best
Julian

Julian Wood, Kingston, London
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 19 February, 2021, 10:38:08 AM »

Ah, it was hose clamps you were after. My spare fuel line didn't have any mounting clips on it but I presume this is the hose clamp you are describing.

* Flaminia fuel hose clip.jpg (103.83 KB, 640x480 - viewed 269 times.)
FERGTS246

« Reply #5 on: 20 February, 2021, 06:55:56 PM »

Yes. I got advice from Florian at  www.rafanno.at .
He's a really nice guy and has lots of parts for Flaminias - check him out.
Chris
FERGTS246

« Reply #6 on: 20 February, 2021, 07:15:31 PM »

Hi Julian, I liked the look of the spring clips over the Jubille type clamps and find them easier to release in an emergency.
Florian at  www.rafanno.at  advised me on the correct type, which is the spring clip ones, so I'm happy to use those. I haven't gone for the original transparent green fuel line as I'm not sure they are ethanol spec'ed, so have gone with ones that are.
I've had a few issues with my Flaminia including failed starter motor, carb leaking petrol and lots of carbon in the exhaust tail pipes.
Had the starter refurbed by an outfit called 'Unit Exchange' who did a great job. I discovered I had 40 main jets instead of 35s and my Bendix fuel pump was delivering 6 psi instead of the prescribed 3psi that was causing the petrol leaks and the carbon in the tail pipes - I think. I'm getting 16.5 - 17 in/hg vacuum in the inlet manifold on idle so will do a compression test to see if that reveals anything about the slightly low vacuum.
Yes, once lockdown is over I'll pop over - we can have our own private Flaminia concours and award both our cars 'Best in Show'!
Chris

Chris
Sounds like you going down the 100% originality route, you will have to come round and show me after lockdown.
All Best
Julian

Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 20 February, 2021, 09:35:03 PM »

Sounds like good progress. What should the vacuum reading be? Richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
FERGTS246

« Reply #8 on: 21 February, 2021, 10:26:59 PM »

Hi Richard, I haven't found a specific vacuum value for the Flaminia, but there seems to be a generic value of 18-21 in/hg that indicates a good engine.
Chris
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd