Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:44:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fulvia light switch  (Read 3644 times)
Waka

« on: 06 January, 2021, 06:18:13 PM »

My light switch has recently given up the ghost and whilst I've managed to temporarily repair it I fear that it isn't long for this world.! So my query is whether anyone has a Fulvia series 1 dash mounted, light switch (lights on/off and dimer for dial lighting) that they wish to sell.
(I've rather bad photo of it but can't work out how to download photos into the post - help here would be welcome)
Finally, I have a series 1 ignition switch/barrel ( dash mounted turn and press for start up) but no keys. Has anyone ever found somewhere where keys can be cut from the barrel only ?
Many thanks in advance
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 07 January, 2021, 10:10:14 AM »

I have a pull/ push switch with illuminated yellow ring and a seperate reostat/ variable resistor.£35 for both inc uk post signed for. If you email your photo I will be able to check suitability. 'Additional options' is the place to post images on the forum. Richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Waka

« Reply #2 on: 07 January, 2021, 04:00:56 PM »

Thank you Richard - hopefully the photo will appear

* light switch.jpg (47.67 KB, 1024x718 - viewed 171 times.)
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 07 January, 2021, 05:22:10 PM »

Looks similar. My switch has two electrical contact plus one for lamp holder. So maybe not enough contacts and maybe a series 2 rear screen heater switch?

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 08 January, 2021, 11:56:37 AM »

Looks similar. My switch has two electrical contact plus one for lamp holder. So maybe not enough contacts and maybe a series 2 rear screen heater switch?
If its the same as the light switch as my 2c, it should be a pull and twist, rather than just a straight pull.
Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Waka

« Reply #5 on: 08 January, 2021, 04:19:26 PM »

Yes you are correct Brian - it pulls to turn on the lights and twists to increase the strength of the back-lighting in the dials. I also think you are right Richard in saying that your switch, would turn on the lights but not work as a dimmer for the dials. Many thanks anyway.
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 08 January, 2021, 05:48:35 PM »

Yes you are correct Brian - it pulls to turn on the lights and twists to increase the strength of the back-lighting in the dials. I also think you are right Richard in saying that your switch, would turn on the lights but not work as a dimmer for the dials. Many thanks anyway.
I thought it pulled for side and panel lights and twisted for main / dip alternated by the column switch???

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 09 January, 2021, 02:07:33 PM »

The instrument lighting brightness is controlled by one of the chrome rotating knobs? In the lower part of the dash below the instruments.
The first pull of the lighting switch turns on the inner head lamps, then if you push the indicator stalk forward, it puts out the headlamps and leaves you on sidelights only, frightening the first time you do it by accident on an unlit road.
Pulling and twisting the switch to the right turns on the outer headlamps, and the indicator stalk is used to dip them or put them onto main beam, the inner headlamps stay on when the outers are in use.
Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
roddy

« Reply #8 on: 21 January, 2021, 04:52:18 PM »

S1 Fulvias were designed in the era when you had side lights and headlights.  You then had to dip the headlamp beams for (the occasional) oncoming traffic.  The dash switch on an S1 is pull to illuminate the sidelights (and the green warning ring), twist and then pull again to illuminate the headlamps.  It is VERY IMPORTANT to switch on the headlights part of the sequence with the stalk on the steering column in the main beam position.  Once the headlight is on, the stalk can be pulled back to the dip position.  (This all reiterates what Brian has said).

It is all a bit like the Fulvia reversing light only working when the side light are on - progressive thinking in the 1960s decided you only need to see to reverse when it was dark.....

Regards -

Roddy Young
Dunfermline, Fife

1970 Fulvia Sport S1 1.3S
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd