Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
18 April, 2024, 06:34:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guy Croft  (Read 1557 times)
neil-yaj396
Committee
Permanent resident

« on: 09 November, 2020, 08:50:42 AM »

Eric Weston has posted on the Betaboyz Forum:

I am sorry to let you know that Guy Croft passed away this morning after a long struggle with Cancer. His brilliant engineering, engaging conversation and willingness to help will be sadly missed by people all over the world.

RIP Guy

Eric Weston

1979 1300 Beta Coupe, 2014 Ypsilon 1.2 S Series Momo
Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 09 November, 2020, 10:36:00 PM »

I had the privilege of meeting him a few times at his Lincoln workshop, he was a great help to me on a Dedra turbo head rebuild then again only a couple of years back on my integrale helping me again out of my own mess when I broke the rear crank seal housing, sorting me out with a good used housing and fitting the seal so I didn't furber that one.
I recall when he spent an hour or two guiding me on the Dedra head refurb that he patiently showed me how to go on and I felt honoured to be allowed to use his spotless workshop, think that I brought the head in to him in a just cleaned state rather than oily one got me some brownie points, to then have him make me a cup of tea and chat about his early days was a real pleasure.
A genius that will be sorely missed.

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd