Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
18 April, 2024, 04:47:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: !6v engine advice please.  (Read 3133 times)
eyore
« on: 13 April, 2008, 11:28:31 AM »

Just bought a 16v Integrale Shocked Shocked Yep mad. Anyway it has some overheating issues which are mainly related to faulty thermoststs and the cooling system.Point is ,it has overheated in the recent past and as I am now in the middle of the very nasty job of doing the timing belts and replacing the water pump I feel it would be stupid as  a matter of course not to lift the head and replace the gasket.
I couldent bear the thought of putting everything back together and eventually coming to the conclusion that the head should have been done after all. The oil is perfectly clean ,no emulsion around the filler and the water looks dirty with a small oily scum ,but not in anyway worrysome.
I probably know the answaer to the question but would appreciate the reassurance of other peoples views.
rogerelias
Rebel Poster

MY 1600HF IN HEARTBEAT GARAGE

« Reply #1 on: 13 April, 2008, 04:24:00 PM »

Yep. I would lift the head, and check to see if not warped if it was mine. Cool

FULVIA 1600HF LUSSO
1958 VELOCETTE MAC
Triumph Bonneville t120v 1972
1968 MGC ROADSTER
1958 Series 2 Appia berlina
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print