Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 10:33:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new unused Aurelia timing chain gears + camshaft + chain + cam followers  (Read 2260 times)
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« on: 13 August, 2020, 02:20:57 PM »

I have just finished rebuilding my B21S engine and I have sorted out the parts I have (new and used)  I need for the other couple of Aurelia engines I have here to rebuild.
Whilst I wont use worn parts, I will quite happily re-use engine parts where the wear is insignificant as I believe the quality of Lancia OE parts back in the day was superb.
A good example is camshaft followers. Perfectly good new ones are available but if the old ones are still smooth and unworn, why no reuse them ( as long as they are not the '4 holes in the face' type which always seem to prematurely wear the cam lobes).
In days gone by when new cam followers were very hard to obtain, I used to have good used Flaminia followers which from memory have a roughly 1mm bigger diameter ground down to suit.

Anyway, as a result of my sort out I have some new unused parts from the excellent Lancia parts supplier in Turin which are surplus and are therefore available at a significant discount to todays new prices.
Looking at Tav 7 below, I have the following:

1 x 16 timing chain tensioner gear
1 x 21 timing chain gear on camshaft
1 x 24 ( this is the gear on the crankshaft not numbered on Tav 7)
1 x 1   camshaft
1 x 7 timing chain and split link
And a set of 12 new camshaft followers.

Any reasonable offer considered.
Chris

* Tav 7 timing chain + camshaft.jpg (1142.18 KB, 4032x2268 - viewed 299 times.)

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 14 August, 2020, 02:58:20 PM »

The 3 sprockets, numbers 16, 21 and 24 are now sold. Well done the forum!
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd