Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:18:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Request for Fulvia - Not current member  (Read 1311 times)
peteracs
Administrator
Rebel Poster

« on: 29 October, 2020, 05:25:24 PM »

Hi All

We received this request via the forum email. If anyone feels they would like to discuss the possibility then please  message me and I can provide details. Please note this would be by direct agreement and outside the LMC. We also have no way of knowing the actual circumstances other than what has been written.

Peter

Original Message Received
—————————————-

Hello there, I hope you are well.

I spoke to Richard Thorne (well, his daughter Helen) about this request and she suggested that your forum might be a good place to start. I was wondering if you might be able to let me post a request in the forum as a guest as it's a slightly unusual one – if I have any success I'd be more than happy to make a donation to the club.

My request / post would be as follows:

———
My Dad is a big Lancia enthusiast, and has owned several Fulvias, Betas and Themas over the years – although not for a little while now. He was a member of the club and I have fond memories of reading your magazine from a young age, well – looking at the pictures at least!

Dad's now in his late 60s and has been battling with cancer over the last 5 years – he's been staying very upbeat but very sadly we were told about a month ago that they can no longer offer him further treatment, so all we can do is spend time with him and make his quality of life comfortable and as positive and enjoyable as possible for the remaining time that we have him.

This is where you may come in! I know this is a lot to ask, but I'm looking for someone who might be able to lend us a Fulvia for a day / weekend to take him for a few little rides. I completely understand how precious your Lancias are and I realise that adding mileage could be detrimental, so I would be very happy to pay for the privilege and any expenses and I can assure you we would treat it with the utmost care and attention.

I should mention that he lives in east Devon, I would be very happy to collect from much of the UK but obviously somewhere in the south west would be ideal. I can of course arrange all insurance and provide any identification and a deposit as necessary. We can discuss the practicalities later if it's something that might be even slightly possible in principle, so I just wanted to hear from anyone who might be able consider this.

Apologies for this long message and thanks very much for reading it.
———

Thanks for your time and best regards,
David

David Steiner

« Last Edit: 29 October, 2020, 05:27:21 PM by peteracs » Logged

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd