Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:06:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coast to Coast 30th July - 1st August  (Read 5839 times)
neil-yaj396
Committee
Permanent resident

« on: 18 June, 2020, 08:17:41 AM »

Looks like a nice event....

The 2021 Coast-to-Coast run is slightly different to normal C2C runs.

We will start on Friday Night (30th July 2021)  with a banquet at the Midland Hotel in Morecambe https://englishlakes.co.uk/the-midland/. For those who have not stayed at the Midland, it's an experience not to be missed. On the Saturday morning we will make our way through the non-tourist roads north to Penrith. We are stopping for morning tea (and the loo) at Kirkstone Pass Inn. For those that like old trad pubs get ready to enjoy. Next stop is lunch at Nent Hall Country House Hotel, just past Alston. We will then cross the North Pennines to Sunderland stopping for afternoon tea at The Drovers Arms in Coniston. The North Pennines are not a national park but an AONB (Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty).
The scenery is very BIG and W---I---D---E.

I have secured 40 rooms at the Midland and 30-40 at the Grand Hotel, Seaburn Sunderland. Both are on the beaches.
We will have another banquet at the Grand and on the Sunday visit the Beamish Living Museum. For those who aren't aware of it look here  http://www.beamish.org.uk/ Those staying on the Sunday night can join us for yet another meal.
The hotels, meals and Beamish are all optional.

Entry fee is £10 plus the hotels, teas, lunches and entry to Beamish. No money is required until May and full refunds for cancelations will be given up to 30th June at which point the hotels and pubs will be paid.

Email norman@frenchblat.com for full details and entry form.

1979 1300 Beta Coupe, 2014 Ypsilon 1.2 S Series Momo
Thotos
Administrator
Megaposter

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #1 on: 05 August, 2020, 10:18:47 PM »

Looks like a very nice event! I've booked with the Gamma. Apparently I am the first Lancia registration in the history of this event.

Theo Kyriacou
donw
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 06 August, 2020, 06:38:29 PM »

Looks very interesting but may clash with VSCC Prescot where we hope to have a display of Lambdas to celebrate the centenary.

Don Williamson
Member 111 joined 26th July 1963
1917 Theta 2str
1926 Lambda torpedo
1930 Artena berlina
1933 Belna coupe
sllim1946

« Reply #3 on: 21 December, 2020, 10:03:45 PM »

Hi Neil ,

Is this event stil open to entrants? I am certainly up for it.

Starting at the Grand in Morcambe, well what a location.

I remember starting the Molyslip Morcambe National Rally there in 1967 navigating in a very early Mark2 Lotus Cortina when all the quick boys were in very well developed Mark1's. My driver who was not very experienced but whose family owed a Ford dealership though that fitting a close ratio Elan gearbox would be a good idea - unfortunately he did not think to put in a low back axle ratio to allow for the much greater weight of the Cortina.

So it was great on a motorway but not much good up a slippery forest track! I had to convince him on one climb that we would do better to go up in reverse! Happy days and at least we finished.

Love the sound of the route!

regards
Brian Mills

1961 Appia Berlina S3
neil-yaj396
Committee
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 22 December, 2020, 08:39:21 AM »

Hello Brian, this is one of those into the club mailbox events, so I have no direct knowledge about it. There is an email address if you want to enquire. Let us know how you get on. It does look a good trip.

1979 1300 Beta Coupe, 2014 Ypsilon 1.2 S Series Momo
Thotos
Administrator
Megaposter

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #5 on: 27 December, 2020, 05:23:38 PM »

I hope this event goes ahead next year as I am booked and paid-up for it  Cheesy
So there should be at least one Lancia (Gamma Coupe) amongst all the MGs and Jaguars....  Grin

* MWP_0221.jpg (62.3 KB, 800x535 - viewed 266 times.)

Theo Kyriacou
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd