Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:02:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I find out what my car's original colour and interior was?  (Read 3177 times)
AdvocatusD

« on: 10 June, 2020, 04:09:52 PM »

Having completed the mechanical restoration, I am now going to do a bare metal respray and re-trim.

I would like to consider doing this in the original colour given these cars are becoming more valuable.

Also, do we know if the inside of the wheel arches were painted black (like Ferraris of the time) or if they were painted the same colour as the body?

It's a 1959 Flaminia Zagato.

Many thanks.
AdvocatusD

« Reply #1 on: 13 June, 2020, 05:30:26 PM »

A few views but no answers as yet. Would I be right in saying that the information is probably not available?
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 13 June, 2020, 08:24:59 PM »

Have you thought to contact FCA Heritage with your chassis number and for A few euros they may be able to give you the build information???

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 13 June, 2020, 08:33:28 PM »

I wonder if there are Zagato archives...

David Laver, Lewisham.
Flamfan

« Reply #4 on: 13 June, 2020, 08:57:16 PM »

Hi  AdvocatusD

As regards inside wheel arch paint I'm pretty sure it's black paint / underseal.
In the Lancia sales brochure for 1959 covering all Flaminia models
the inner wheel arches look black. Inner arches on my own 59/60 Flaminia PF
are also black.
Black and white images from contemporary Zagato road tests also look black
although if the car was dark it's more difficult to tell on a B/W image.

chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 14 June, 2020, 08:15:42 AM »

Like Tim, I believe FCA Heritage could well have the data you require. Also something make me think that the modern 'Touring' restoration Company have Flaminia build records.
And Thornley Kelham have done a few Flaminia Sport restorations now so they must have access to this information. And of course there is always Omicron.
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
AdvocatusD

« Reply #6 on: 14 June, 2020, 08:40:48 AM »

Thank you all very much. I have emailed FCA and have my fingers crossed. The more I think about it, I think that (perhaps) respraying the car in its original colours is the best thing to do. I will also paint the wheel arches black as that does look to be right.

I'll report back once I have something material.
AdvocatusD

« Reply #7 on: 06 July, 2020, 05:21:00 PM »

Excited to have heard back from the FCA.

My car is a 1960 (we thought it was '59) Flaminia Zagato Sport which has retained it's original engine and chassis. The original colour was ross arcoveggio and had a black interior.

The car has always been red in our ownership, so I am somewhat relieved that that was the original colour. That being said, that shade of red is uncommon and I want to see a couple in the flesh, if I can before the bare metal respray is complete. The black interior sounds sensible, but I wonder if that might look a little drab.

How original should one keep these cars?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd