Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 06:48:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: London Concours 2020 - Lancia Legends  (Read 4911 times)
JimB976
Lapsed

« on: 09 June, 2020, 11:59:20 AM »

Afternoon to all, I hope Everyone is keeping safe and well

Having noted that the London Concours 2020 (which is held in the beautiful setting of the Honourable Artillery Company, right in the city of London) is now confirmed to be going ahead in August, I visited the website to view the classes.

This year, one of the classes is ‘Lancia Legends’ which is obviously a highlight! Does anyone have a car entered? I’d be interested to know which models they plan to feature.

Last year my Mk1 VW Golf GTI staved off some really tough competition to win the ‘Made in Germany’ class which included a 1938 BMW 338 and 1955 Mercedes Benz SL. The event is well worth a visit and it will be great to see some Lancia’s on the HAC lawns.

James
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 10 June, 2020, 08:30:03 AM »

To add to James' heads up I have asked for the following to go into VL next month.

“Lancia Legends” @ THE LONDON CONCOURS August 19-20 2020

UK’S FIRST MAJOR AUTOMOTIVE EVENT SINCE FEBRUARY
The London Concours, presented by Montres Breguet and rescheduled to August 19-20th has been given formal approval to run by the The Honourable Artillery Company HQ in the City of London. Host to some of the world’s most iconic cars across two days, in a Covid 19 compliant way, this year includes a special class of “Lancia Legends”.  Aurelias, Deltas, and Strato’s have featured in past events but this will be a specially curated collection. See https://londonconcours.co.uk/concours-cars/
New measures have been introduced, including revised hospitality, audience capacity and increased venue space as well as separate morning and afternoon tickets.
A limited number of tickets is available from www.londonconcours.co.uk/tickets.
The organizers have said : In the unlikely event of cancellation, ticket buyers will be given a full refund or their ticket can be deferred to 2021.

* lancia legends.JPG (31.3 KB, 484x395 - viewed 475 times.)

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 25 August, 2020, 01:43:52 PM »

Hi All,
Watched Harry's Garage on YouTube about this event with his Espada - it does show the Lancias at the show and quite an nice thing to watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZMNpOJH0LU
« Last Edit: 25 August, 2020, 08:11:54 PM by sparehead3 » Logged

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 25 August, 2020, 06:30:22 PM »

Hi All,
Watched Harry's Garage on about this event with his Espada - it does show the Lancias at the show and quite an nice thing to watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZMNpOJH0LU
Very interesting, but a shame he rushed past the Augusta and Lambda.
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 25 August, 2020, 08:13:49 PM »

Yes, a shame but at least Lancia got a mention

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 27 August, 2020, 09:30:43 PM »

I went - and there's an Aurelia which was "the one" to keep forever (but don't say your dream has changed...) that had to go, a Flamina Zagato top of my "7 cars, 7 days, money no object" challenge on Facebook, there was a faultless Augusta March to crawl all over to get detailed photos for the platform chassis I have...

...but I got stuck at the Unipower GT and ran out of time for the Lancias.  The 037 line up was amazing as well.

Early countach a treat.  The 400GT so much nicer in 3D than pictures.  I enjoyed the hotrods, "speed on sand" group.   

David Laver, Lewisham.
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 04 September, 2020, 08:41:27 AM »

https://velocetoday.com/london-concours-lancias-and-hot-rods/

...and I'm in one of the photos.

David Laver, Lewisham.
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 04 September, 2020, 10:51:51 AM »

I went - and there's an Aurelia which was "the one" to keep forever (but don't say your dream has changed...) that had to go, a Flamina Zagato top of my "7 cars, 7 days, money no object" challenge on Facebook, there was a faultless Augusta March to crawl all over to get detailed photos for the platform chassis I have...

...but I got stuck at the Unipower GT and ran out of time for the Lancias.  The 037 line up was amazing as well.

Early countach a treat.  The 400GT so much nicer in 3D than pictures.  I enjoyed the hotrods, "speed on sand" group.   
Do you realise which March Special that is?
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #8 on: 04 September, 2020, 11:29:43 AM »

Is it the one that went through ebay a couple of years ago?   I couldn't fault it sitting there.  I'm in the middle of taking my Austin 7 apart to get my godson's done this month (engine and box) and the son of my friend who died last year to "a car" stage (body tub) and doing "three of" things "to last" so took rather too much interest in stuff light side light wiring, and there's was the nicest.

David Laver, Lewisham.
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #9 on: 04 September, 2020, 01:56:17 PM »

No, it’s the one which sold at auction a few years ago which was in a terrible state. It was so bad that it received a round of applause when it sold! TK have made a superb job of it. Probably better than new.

* 1AECBD01-A293-4F8B-822A-7C830E313293.jpeg (495.02 KB, 1123x1280 - viewed 255 times.)
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #10 on: 04 September, 2020, 04:47:07 PM »

Its an absolute stunner.  For me "too good to use" and I can't even begin to imagine what its cost to do.  A privilege to see it and a great regret I didn't take the "proper camera" and my phone was full.

Hopefully it will pop up somewhere again and I get some photos, and that after a season of shows it gets used and enjoyed.

David Laver, Lewisham.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd