Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:42:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Series 2 Headlining.....is it a DIY project?  (Read 2917 times)
Cassino

« on: 30 March, 2020, 01:04:55 PM »

I would say that the headlining in my S2 Appia really does need replacing, Has anyone done this themselves?
If so, what is the advice, and who best to obtain the materials?

Ian

Delta Series 3. Appia Berlina Series 2.
Moto BM Zebretta. Moto Guzzi Leggera 65

Previous Lancias.
 Beta Berlina 1400,Delta 1300, Delta GT,Prisma 1500,Prisma 1600 IE, Dedra 1800, Dedra 2000.IESE.
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 30 March, 2020, 03:46:56 PM »

Not an Apppia, but I have replaced the headlining in a Fulvia Sport. The original headling was glued to the roof and was prone to sagging where the glue had failed. So I cut some aircraft plywood to fit to the roof framework, and had West of England cloth sewn to the very thin but rigid plywood (1 or 2mm thick) with a sewing machine. I attached to the roof framework with screws and tucked the edge of the cloth under the top of the door/screen/tailgate rubbers which also covered the screws. I think Norman has done a more original job in his thread.

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Cassino

« Reply #2 on: 01 April, 2020, 06:50:30 PM »

The Appia headlining seems to be wire braced, and a wool type cloth....no glue that I can see has been used.

Ian

Delta Series 3. Appia Berlina Series 2.
Moto BM Zebretta. Moto Guzzi Leggera 65

Previous Lancias.
 Beta Berlina 1400,Delta 1300, Delta GT,Prisma 1500,Prisma 1600 IE, Dedra 1800, Dedra 2000.IESE.
mikeC
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: 02 April, 2020, 07:51:51 AM »

Yes, Ian, my Series One is like that too. I haven't touched the Lancia's headlining, but many years ago I replaced a similar one on an early Triumph Herald: the front and rear screens had to be removed as the cloth lining is trapped by the rubber seals. when the front and back sections have been released (oh, and the sides which are held by the door seals), the wire tensioners just unclip and the entire lining falls into your lap.

Replacement was as so often described in Haynes manuals - a reversal of the previous procedure! Clip the tensioners into position, and then stretch front back and sides and replace all seals ... Good luck!

1953 Lancia Appia Series 1
1931 Austin Seven deluxe saloon
1914 Saxon Model A roadster

(previously owned Lancias: 1958 Appia Pininfarina coupe, 1987 Delta LX, 1986 Delta cabriolet, 1991 Dedra 1.8, 1993 Dedra 1.6)
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 02 April, 2020, 08:11:52 AM »

Of course you have the old headlining to use as a pattern. Not too difficult a job I would have thought if you have a decent sewing machine . On an Aurelia, there is no need for front or rear screen removal as the headlining either slips under the screen  rubber or the removable inner screen aluminium trim depending on the model.. And the same for the sides. The only adhesive used is to glue the wool cloth to the side trim pieces which often have the inside lights fitted.
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
will

« Reply #5 on: 03 April, 2020, 10:09:20 AM »

On my Appia I had the headline replaced by a trimmer. The front and rear screens need to be removed.
On the B20 I removed the headlining  and took it to a trimmer  the headlining of both cars is sewn onto to rods
which are sprung into the roof. On the B20 I fitted headlining  with the help of a friend.
The other problem  is all the others bits of trim next to the headlining  will have faded.
I have heard that Elvezio will make Lancia headlinings  see https://www.elvezio.com/en/lancia/lancia-appia-2nd-3rd-series.html
Otherwise a local trimmer will be able to make the headlining using you old one as a pattern and all the other bits of trim.

Aurelia B20 4th Series Appia 2nd Series  Kappa Coupe 3.0 24v V6
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd