Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 11:41:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oil filter in cylinder head .....1.4 Multiair Turbo....  (Read 7995 times)
Cassino

« on: 22 June, 2019, 10:40:12 AM »

Is there any member that do their own oil/filter changes on their Series 3 Delta.Petrol 1.4 Turbo Multiair.
I have been doing mine for the last 4 years or so, but have been wondering about the gauze micro filter that is fitted horizontally into the cylinder head (L/H side).
It is removed with a 10mm hex key.......
There is no mention of it in the handbook, and therefore I am not sure of the change frequency ?
Anyone changed one?
This is the item:        https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alfa-Romeo-Fiat-1-4-Multiair-Oil-Strainer-Cylinder-Head-Filter-Genuine-55238665-/143235165177

Ian

Delta Series 3. Appia Berlina Series 2.
Moto BM Zebretta. Moto Guzzi Leggera 65

Previous Lancias.
 Beta Berlina 1400,Delta 1300, Delta GT,Prisma 1500,Prisma 1600 IE, Dedra 1800, Dedra 2000.IESE.
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 22 June, 2019, 01:47:46 PM »

Is there any member that do their own oil/filter changes on their Series 3 Delta.Petrol 1.4 Turbo Multiair.
I have been doing mine for the last 4 years or so, but have been wondering about the gauze micro filter that is fitted horizontally into the cylinder head (L/H side).
It is removed with a 10mm hex key.......
There is no mention of it in the handbook, and therefore I am not sure of the change frequency ?
Anyone changed one?
This is the item:        https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alfa-Romeo-Fiat-1-4-Multiair-Oil-Strainer-Cylinder-Head-Filter-Genuine-55238665-/143235165177

Ian
Why not give Desira a ring and ask their advice, I've always found them very helpful.
Brian
8227  Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
SteveGales
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 26 June, 2019, 05:19:00 PM »

Hi Ian.
I changed one on my daughters Alfa Mito [1.4 Multiair 135bhp] last year. Reasonably straightforward although I did have an experienced mechanic looking over my shoulder to help. I can't remember the exact procedure now but I'm sure you would find it on the Alfaowner Forum along with loads of information on this engines Achilles Heel of Multiair Unit failure.

We changed it in the vain hope that it might cure the dreaded problem of intermittent rough tickover/misfire which is the first sign the unit is failing, we also did a fresh oil change. To no avail I'm afraid the problem persisted and eventually had to change the whole Multiair assembly, the part alone was well over £700.

To go back to the filter, it was spotless and I don't think there is a service interval schedule for it.

It's seems frequent oil/filter changes with good quality oil is essential with this engine.

Regards
Steve
Cassino

« Reply #3 on: 29 June, 2019, 11:13:56 AM »

Hi Steve, Thanks for that.......I have read a little about this micro filter in ARO sites.
I called Desira , and my local FCA dealer in Guildford.Both failed to call me back as promised, as the Girl I spoke with did not know what i was talking about(not that they would know about something in servicing that was so obscure!).
This photo shows the L/H engine mount in the Delta has to be removed......The filter is  just too long to pull out behind the plastic cam belt cover.
I figured that I would put it in my ultrasonic cleaner, that should be good to clean it..( I have just used it this morning to clean my Espresso machine coffee grounds handle/cup part.) ..BTW can you recall the mileage of your daughter's MITO when you changed it?.......
It seems that my photo is too large a file......I cant change that at this Moment!!.

ian

Previous Lancias.
 Beta Berlina 1400,Delta 1300, Delta GT,Prisma 1500,Prisma 1600 IE, Dedra 1800, Dedra 2000.IESE.
SteveGales
Megaposter

« Reply #4 on: 01 July, 2019, 07:17:11 PM »

Hi Ian

I think it was around 50K, we've now sold the car so can't check the service history. As I said the filter was absolutely spotless, if I remember right there is an 'o' ring sea on the filter, not sure if you would have to change this if you are cleaning the existing one.

Regards

Steve
Cassino

« Reply #5 on: 06 July, 2019, 09:34:17 AM »

My odo reads about 53k ish.....so the next oil and filter change soon.....I'll pull the undershield and jack the engine, and release the side engine support, and get that micro filter out.
Thanks for your input Steve.

Previous Lancias.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd