Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:42:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Great Northern Weekend 2020  (Read 5582 times)
Paul Greenway
Megaposter

« on: 12 May, 2019, 09:51:48 PM »

The next GNW is to be held in Lancashire at the Wrightington Hotel & Country Club on the weekend of 24-26th April 2020.

For anyone interested, please do not contact the Hotel until the official announcement is made in the July edition of Viva Lancia! & at the same time on this forum as prices are yet to be finalised. We have reserved 40 No rooms so far with the potential to increase depending upon interest.

There will be two touring routes- one Hill & Dale and the other Coastal, plus a combination of both for those wishing to drive a little further.

Thanks.

*Added to the website with a link to this thread
« Last Edit: 14 May, 2019, 04:29:01 PM by sparehead3 » Logged

1972 Fulvia Sport 1600

Previous- 78 Montecarlo, 83 HPE VX, 88 integrale, 89 Delta GTie, 90 Y10GTie, 90 Dedra 2.0ieSE, 91 HF Turbo, 91 integrale 16v, 09 Thesis Centenario, 12 Delta 2.0M-J
Paul Greenway
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 11 July, 2019, 08:15:16 PM »

Great Northern Weekend 2020: Lancashire

24th-26th April

Following on from the successful GNW held at Slaley Hall, Northumberland in May this year you are warmly invited to next years event at the Wrightington Hotel, Moss Lane, Wrightington. WN6 9PB. It is the most southerly venue to date for this annual LMC event, now in it's 34th year, conveniently situated just a couple of minutes away from junction 27 off the M6 Motorway and which will no doubt prove to be a fantastic venue with wonderful food and hospitality.

We have managed to secure 40 rooms in the first instance and it would be excellent if we could fill them all. Further rooms will be released if required and where available.  There is a large car park where there is opportunity to cordon off a Lancia only section.

The price is £287 which includes two nights bed & breakfast plus a 3 course gala dinner with coffee/tea on the Saturday evening. Should you wish to stay for the Saturday night only the cost is £182 including DBB.  The cost for a single room two nights bed & breakfast plus a 3 course gala dinner with coffee/tea on the Saturday evening is £208.50 or for the Saturday only £123.50 for one night DBB.  There are a number of family rooms and also a small number of rooms on the ground floor available- please specify at time of booking. There is also full use of the leisure facilities.

Bookings should be made directly with the hotel on 01257 425803, quoting reference GA03265 (no deposit is required at this time.) The full balance of payment is to be made two weeks prior to the event. It is also really important that you email Paul (see contact details below) immediately at time of booking stating names, numbers and likely car details as this will be the mechanism for sending out menu choices for the gala dinner in early January.

We plan to follow the successful & well oiled format for the weekend with a couple of  alternative touring rallies planned for the Saturday to take in some of the stunning scenery that Lancashire has to offer or for the more adventurous a combination of both. There will also be a couple of quizzes to get your brains ticking and the usual goody bag!

Let's just hope that the weather is as kind to us as it was this year.  Further information and menus will be sent out early in the New Year. Please book soon to avoid disappointment. We hope to see you all there.

If you haven't been fortunate to experience a GNW before please come along, they are always a fantastic opportunity to meet up with old friends and meet new people, to share a common interest in our wonderful marque and have a relaxing weekend being waited on in beautiful surroundings. There is something for everyone to experience.

Kind regards,

Paul, Claire Joe & Sam Greenway

paulgreenway65@gmail.com  Tel 07955 702389

1972 Fulvia Sport 1600

Previous- 78 Montecarlo, 83 HPE VX, 88 integrale, 89 Delta GTie, 90 Y10GTie, 90 Dedra 2.0ieSE, 91 HF Turbo, 91 integrale 16v, 09 Thesis Centenario, 12 Delta 2.0M-J
Paul Greenway
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 26 January, 2020, 06:49:48 PM »

Hi all,

I am not convinced that all who have booked on to the GNW has informed me officially. Most people have and there are already good numbers, however some people have verbally told me they are coming but as yet not confirmed. If you have booked onto the weekend with the hotel & haven't already confirmed in writing to me, please could you do so on paulgreenway65@gmail.com so that I know where we are for numbers and for ordering gifts/goody bags etc & can all please confirm what car they will likely be bringing too.

Claire and I are meeting with the hotel on Friday 7th February to discuss menu's so will send out choices thereafter, thanks.

Kind regards,

Paul

1972 Fulvia Sport 1600

Paul Greenway
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: 08 February, 2020, 11:11:20 PM »

All,

Please see updated ad as should appear in next months VL, please note deadline day, thanks-

Well it's not far away, the 34th GNW to be held at the Wrightington Hotel, Moss Lane, Wrightington. WN6 9PB which is conveniently situated just off junction 27 off the M6 Motorway Standish/Parbold exit, 210 miles from London & 200 miles from Glasgow. This recently refurbished Hotel is booking up quickly and is a fantastic venue with top notch food and hospitality.

As per our previous ad, we have managed to secure 40 rooms in the first instance and it would be excellent if we could fill them all. Further rooms will be released if required and where available.  There is a large car park where there is opportunity to cordon off a Lancia only section.

The price is £287 which includes two nights bed & breakfast plus a 3 course gala dinner with coffee/tea on the Saturday evening. Should you wish to stay for the Saturday night only the cost is £182 including DBB.  The cost for a single room two nights bed & breakfast plus a 3 course gala dinner with coffee/tea on the Saturday evening is £208.50 or for the Saturday only £123.50 for one night Dinner/BB.  There are a number of family rooms and also a small number of rooms on the ground floor available- please specify at time of booking. There is also full use of the leisure facilities (Spa treatments are available, but must be booked separately with reception in advance to avoid disappointment).

Bookings should be made directly with the hotel on 01257 425803, quoting reference GA03265 (no deposit is required at this time.) This is the best available rate and will not be bettered by any internet sites. The full payment is to be made two weeks prior to the event. Please  also email Paul (see below) in the first instance following your booking as we require to know numbers for organising/purchasing event packs & gifts and will also be sending out menu choices for the gala dinner shortly too.

We will follow the successful format for the weekend with a couple of alternative touring rallies planned for the Saturday to take in some of the hidden scenery that Lancashire has to offer or for the more adventurous a combination of both. There will also be a couple of quizzes to get your brains ticking and the usual goody bag!

Please book soon to avoid disappointment. In order to organise all logistics, final numbers are required before 1st April 2020, please assist by booking before this deadline. Further information and menus will be sent out to all those who have emailed Paul  in due course.

We do hope to see all the regulars plus new faces there too.

If you haven't experienced a GNW before, you don't know what you are missing, so please come along, they are a fantastic opportunity to meet up with old friends and meet new ones too, whom share a common interest in our wonderful marque and have a relaxing weekend being waited on in lovely surroundings. We look forward to your company.

Kr.

1972 Fulvia Sport 1600

Paul Greenway
Megaposter

« Reply #4 on: 10 March, 2020, 09:11:08 PM »

Cry for Help!

As some of my friends/followers on FB will be aware, I have recently fractured my left tibula plateau in three places during a recent skiing holiday in Val d'Isere. Today after 4 postponements I have finally been operated on and so can begin the recovery process & am writing this from my hospital bed. This unfortunate incident, however means that during the GNW event I will be on crutches.

What I am looking for help with is mainly the setting up of the car park. I had taken the Friday off work as I have done previously for these weekends and had agreed with the hotel to cordon off a section of the car park from  13.00hrs after any morning conferences had dispersed. I could normally have sorted this by myself and had previously turned down generous offers from a couple of members to help. I am now obviously in need of this help.

Besides this I am asking for another favour & that would be for someone to come to our house (I am within 5 miles North of the venue) and possibly give me a lift in my LHD Fulvia Sport to the hotel as ideally I would like it there- Claire will be in the Delta later- rather than driving an automatic Volvo V90 which is my everyday transport & only car I will be able to manage at the time. Of course this latter request is not absolutely necessary but if it could be sorted it would mean a lot to me and be very much appreciated. It will also require driving back home too.

I am okay for all the routes as these have been meticulously planned previously and prior to the event we will have a run around in Claires Delta to make sure nothings going to surprise us at the time. also the rest of the weekend has been sorted with menu's being announced once we have full numbers (01.04.20).

Many many thanks,

Paul Greenway

1972 Fulvia Sport 1600

neil-yaj396
Committee
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 11 March, 2020, 05:23:25 PM »

Paul,  I can come over early to sort the car park etc.

1979 1300 Beta Coupe, 2014 Ypsilon 1.2 S Series Momo
Paul Greenway
Megaposter

« Reply #6 on: 11 March, 2020, 05:58:26 PM »

Thanks Neil, that would really help. Speak nearer the time.

Paul

1972 Fulvia Sport 1600

donw
Megaposter

« Reply #7 on: 12 March, 2020, 06:06:51 PM »

Paul 

Happy to help, hoping to bring 2 cars.  Feel free to contact me when you are home again.

Don

Don Williamson
Member 111 joined 26th July 1963
1917 Theta 2str
1926 Lambda torpedo
1930 Artena berlina
1933 Belna coupe
Paul Greenway
Megaposter

« Reply #8 on: 13 March, 2020, 10:00:49 AM »

Paul 

Happy to help, hoping to bring 2 cars.  Feel free to contact me when you are home again.

Don
Thanks Don, all the help I can muster under the circumstances would be most appreciated.  As I mentioned I understand there is a conference at the hotel in the morning but once everyone has left, the hotel will hand over the top car park to us from one ish in order to get prepped up for the Lancisti arrivals.

I am now home from hospital following a successful operation, thanks & starting my recovery and will be in touch closer to the event, cheers.

Kind regards,

Paul

1972 Fulvia Sport 1600

Paul Greenway
Megaposter

« Reply #9 on: 17 March, 2020, 09:38:22 AM »

re Coronavirus- Covid19.

Numerous people have contacted me regarding the status of the event especially following the governments latest advice as of 5pm yesterday.

Currently the GNW is still on, although the way things are moving it looks less likely by the day. The good thing is that no deposits have been taken and won't be until 2 weeks before the event which gives us approximately four weeks to confirm all decisions, however I believe the decision will be made for us earlier than that.

I will therefore inform everyone booked on the event by Friday 3rd April if proceeding or not- this will depend on the number of persons who with draw from the event (which is totally understandable) due to self isolation, fear etc or by how far the pandemic has progressed in that time which by current standards may be similar to where Italy/Spain/France now stands with everyone in isolation.

If cancelled the event may be put back to a date later in the year or postponed until the same time in 2021.

Sorry I cannot be any clearer at this point.

Kind regards,

Paul.

1972 Fulvia Sport 1600

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd