Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:09:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Delta  (Read 38519 times)
peterbaker
Permanent resident

www.retro-speed.co.uk

« Reply #75 on: 16 June, 2008, 12:12:24 PM »

I watched Audi win at Le Mans and the old saying sprang to mind. 'Win on a Sunday, sell on a Monday'. Could work again for Lancia.

1961 Lancia Flavia 1.5 Berlina. FIAT Abarth. 1954 Daimler Conquest. 2003 MG ZT-T 135. 1998 SAAB 9-5 3 litre turbo.
Harvey
« Reply #76 on: 16 June, 2008, 02:01:56 PM »

Now there's a thought. There seems to have been speculation around Lancia dabbling in motorsport again through the F1 route, but Le Mans might be a more interesting option. I'm not one for following motorsport, so this is my tuppenceworth given in ignorance, by the way, but here goes...

Audi's current motorsport publicity has come from it's diesel-engined success at Le Man, proving the car's reliability and performance. I would see Audi as occupying the sector that Lancia sees itself in: comfort with performance, excellence in engineering, etc. How about seeing a twin-turbo diesel Delta thundering round the Le Mans circuit? Would the associated publicity of a good position be enough to offset the costs incurred?
peterbaker
Permanent resident

www.retro-speed.co.uk

« Reply #77 on: 16 June, 2008, 02:25:48 PM »

Good thinking. However Le Mans is all about sports cars and prototypes. It is a far out possibility that a one off Fulvietta could run, but unlikely. I think we are following the same train of thought used by Fiat in deciding Abarth and Alfa should go brand racing/rallying leaving Lancia as the 'down the golf club', 'quick and comfy', soft option.

1961 Lancia Flavia 1.5 Berlina. FIAT Abarth. 1954 Daimler Conquest. 2003 MG ZT-T 135. 1998 SAAB 9-5 3 litre turbo.
lee69
« Reply #78 on: 16 June, 2008, 05:42:15 PM »

Lee

Why knee jerk on one one journalist has said about offset pedals? IMO he's being very pedantic. I never noticed this and no one else mentioned it.

Stick him in an old 1980/90's Alfa 33. He'll know what offset pedals are then.

Alan, if that's his biggest criticism I don't think the Delta can really be that bad.  It didn't seem bother the Stratos design team did it Roll Eyes?

As one who spends a fortune on overpriced newspaper advertising and sees sod all inclusion of my press releases by 'journalists', I'll happy to apply my knee in any way!

Lee
lee69
« Reply #79 on: 16 June, 2008, 05:45:03 PM »

I watched Audi win at Le Mans and the old saying sprang to mind. 'Win on a Sunday, sell on a Monday'. Could work again for Lancia.

Does Maserati have the Fiat group monopoly on Le Mans?
Harvey
« Reply #80 on: 18 June, 2008, 10:46:36 AM »

I knew my ignorance would show through!  Roll Eyes
Kevin MacBride
Lapsed
Megaposter

« Reply #81 on: 18 June, 2008, 12:21:32 PM »

Interesting reading, 'specially where Fiats marketing (or lack of it) is concerned. I have worked for Fiat dealerships for the past 30 odd years. I'm not an executive or anything, left secondary school and a week later found myself in the parts dept sweeping the floor. y only claim to fame is winning an award for 'inventing' a car battery that charged itself (in theory, but it worked) and racing my B20.
When the Croma (new model) came out, I wondered why didn't Fiat simply stick a Lancia badge on it, and Hey Presto, they would have had a RHD Lancia at low cost.
Anyhow, they didn't sell that well (at all), so imagine my surprise some years later to see dozens of these cars appear in Ambulance Guise in our workshops under a service contract for our Health Service. at last, I thought, Fiat have done thier work and sold a load of Cromas. But no, the Health Service simply imported these cars themselves from the UK.
Maybe I should have gone into marketing, and got a job with Fiat.

B20 4th series (having a 'facelift')

2000 sedan
Fiat Multipla
Fiat Cinquecento
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #82 on: 19 June, 2008, 01:24:18 AM »

Hi Kevin,
Don't really know why it never sold here as I was quite impressed with the ones I looked at in the showroom, & plenty of room as an ambulance (Paramedics?) I would have thought

Same goes for the Idea, how come so many Musa are sold on the continent yet the sales of the Fiat version appear to be Zilch or very near so, only thing I didn't like about it was the usual Fiat Dire choice of interior colours chosen by someone who's colour blind!
(Sorry to any colour blind readers no offence meant, that's the PC bit done) Grin

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #83 on: 19 June, 2008, 10:28:39 AM »

none taken

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
Harvey
« Reply #84 on: 19 June, 2008, 12:25:32 PM »

"And the wheel," said the Fiat CEO, "what about this wheel thingy? It sounds a terribly interesting project."
"Ah," said the marketing girl, "well, we're having a little difficulty there."
"Difficulty?" exclaimed the Engineering Director. "Difficulty? What do you mean, difficulty? It's the single simplest machine in the entire Universe!"
The marketing girl soured him with a look. "All right Mr. Wiseguy," she said, "you're so clever, you tell us what colour it should be."

With apologies to Douglas Adams.
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #85 on: 19 June, 2008, 09:32:39 PM »

I shall have to reread my Hitchikers Grin

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print